Spirit of NKS

Subscribe
265  665  715  755  761  762  763  764  765  766  767  768  769  775  815  865  1265 
Page 765 of 1412
Go to
Quote: I wouldn't be surprised if we gave Islip another shot. Southwest has all but abandoned it for LGA, and they're desperate to get another carrier in there.
NK has plowed into, and pulled out of ISP three times. Long Island has got to be getting sore by now
Quote: Ugggggggg. I absolutely loathe anything that has to do with Houston.............

Why couldn't it be Philly or Baltimore, or Newark, or someplace less redneck than Houston
But something tells me some Mexican cites are about to become grossly under served
[/QUOTE]
I'm Not saying ISP absolutely won't happen (I'm sure if the incentives, price, and revenue guarantees were right, NK would open Hicksville, KY), I just think Islip doesn't follow Spirit's latest expansion model of operating to primary airports in large markets.[/QUOTE]

Long Island has a population of about 3 million, which is a pretty large market.... and Long Islanders mostly hate having to deal with JFK and LGA. Talking to guys that used to go to ISP, they all said the flights were mostly full. Combine that with SWA pulling half their flights out of ISP over the past couple of years, it could be worth another shot.
Not for anything but the majority of people from Long Island are huge pains in the A--. I could only imagine how aggravated they would be with Spirits way of doing business......
Quote: Not for anything but the majority of people from Long Island are huge pains in the A--. I could only imagine how aggravated they would be with Spirits way of doing business......
Joey, I grew up in an Italian-American family in the northeast. I think it's "Not for nothing".
Quote: Joey, I grew up in an Italian-American family in the northeast. I think it's "Not for nothing".
I know that and I'm a redneck.
Quote:
Quote: Joey, I grew up in an Italian-American family in the northeast. I think it's "Not for nothing".
I know that and I'm a redneck.
Being from Jersey, shouldn't it be "Not for nothin' COME AT ME BRO!"
Quote: Being from Jersey, shouldn't it be "Not for nothin' COME AT ME BRO!"
Bwhahaahahahhahaahhaahah
Anything new on the conf call?
Quote:
Anything new on the conf call?
Wasn't bad. Lasted a little over an hour.

Same ol stuff and concerns.

-Travel department needs work
-Give consideration on brake temp aborts, may not be best course of action.
-New cleaning company hired
-Catering will be outsourced to a company that just does catering. So we won't hopefully be running out of ice.
-EFB are in the contract phase with suppliers etc. Called the "slow phase"

Most interesting point was when Jyri spoke about 117 and the effects it has on the productivity of trips. How we should make our "voice clear" for C2015 on what we want for trip productivity etc. I'm pretty sure we have all been asking for more productivity with trips. I'm sure his point was loaded in regards to the union and contractual limitations. Doesn't seem management likes the 117 limitations on top of existing limitations from the prior FTDT that we still have in our contract

Oh...and most recent upgrade is a January 2012 hire
265  665  715  755  761  762  763  764  765  766  767  768  769  775  815  865  1265 
Page 765 of 1412
Go to