Any "Latest & Greatest" about Delta?

Subscribe
18119  18619  19019  19069  19109  19115  19116  19117  19118  19119  19120  19121  19122  19123  19129  19169  19219  19619  20119 
Page 19119 of 20173
Go to
Quote: ever been called a db?

Yes.

I am just pointing out of what seems to me to be a millennial "entitlement" attitude that's more out in the open in Delta/Mil double dippers than in years gone by.

I was in the USAF for 9 yrs. (30 yrs ago)

Quote: .
Yes.

I am just pointing out of what seems to me to be a millennial "entitlement" attitude that's more out in the open in Delta/Mil double dippers than in years gone by.

I was in the USAF for 9 yrs. (30 yrs ago)

Yeah, back when y'all had those rough deployments to Europe.
Quote: Hey All,

Anyone recently stayed at the Virginia Ave hotels? Any good suggestions/crew rates? Thanks
If you want to be on Virginia AVE, try Holiday Inn North (crew rate) or they have remodeled the LaQuinta on the North side that I have gotten for a steal through hotwire etc. Nicer places are the Hilton, homewood suites, staybridge suites. There are cheaper (econolodge) and fancier places as well. Crown Plaza friendly to crews, but not sure if they offer crew rate.
Quote: Yeah, back when y'all had those rough deployments to Europe.
Really? We're taking jabs at others now for degrees of difficulty on deployment? While on deployment, I've taken R&R at places you C-17 guys called forward deployed.
Quote: If you want to be on Virginia AVE, try Holiday Inn North (crew rate) or they have remodeled the LaQuinta on the North side that I have gotten for a steal through hotwire etc. Nicer places are the Hilton, homewood suites, staybridge suites. There are cheaper (econolodge) and fancier places as well. Crown Plaza friendly to crews, but not sure if they offer crew rate.
Perfect thanks! Found one on Hotwire
NOT 3 Palms hotel! Trust me on this!
Quote: Really? We're taking jabs at others now for degrees of difficulty on deployment? While on deployment, I've taken R&R at places you C-17 guys called forward deployed.
Dude, if the location didn't have a golf course I considered being forward deployed. That being said, pilot training service commitments and military environment were much different 30 years ago than today. So telling dudes/dudettes that have been deploying non stop since 9/11 to suck it up because they're "entitled" is a bit harsh.
Is the chitty-c(h)att off line or something?

Seems like an unusual increase in the "attitude" here of late!

I don't think anybody disrespects volunteers for their service.

Just seems like sometimes, some of the volunteers expect an extra cherry on top.
Quote: Dude, if the location didn't have a golf course I considered being forward deployed. That being said, pilot training service commitments and military environment were much different 30 years ago than today. So telling dudes/dudettes that have been deploying non stop since 9/11 to suck it up because they're "entitled" is a bit harsh.
The Air Force refers to Al Udeid as an "air base" they said because it was "multi-national" meaning the Aussies and Brits at least were using it as well.
We in the Navy knew the real reason it was only and "air base" and not an Air Force Base was due to the lack of a required golf course.
Quote: A military member who does 5 days of military duty in a month still must fly 80 block hours in the remaining 25 days. If one were to do a 2-week deployment, there's virtually no way to be eligible for GS pay.

I happen to think that if you're helping the company out on a greenie, you should be eligible for the GS pay everyone else is. As I stated elsewhere, I care not about credit for dropped trips, but would like to see ALV/30 or 80/30 credit per day of pre-posted MLOA be given towards the GS trigger.

Sure, mil members can bid reserve instead, but why force them to give up the benefits of line-holding just to have a shot at premium pay?

I just retired with 30 years combined active/reserve including 16 years at DAL + Reserves. There is no way MIL LV should count to the GS trigger. Does anyone really think a guy should be able to do 3 weeks with his reserve gig and have the opportunity for every trip at DAL to pay as a G/S?

The reserve retirement is compensation enough and far outweighs the opportunity cost of missing a few GSs.

Scoop
18119  18619  19019  19069  19109  19115  19116  19117  19118  19119  19120  19121  19122  19123  19129  19169  19219  19619  20119 
Page 19119 of 20173
Go to