Any "Latest & Greatest" about Delta?

Subscribe
18420  18920  19320  19370  19410  19416  19417  19418  19419  19420  19421  19422  19423  19424  19430  19470  19520  19920 
Page 19420 of 20173
Go to
Quote: Heading to upgrade training in March. Last trip captain advised me to get a rental car primarily for psychological well-being purposes. Which I totally get. Has anyone done this? Any pitfalls or suggestions? I live too far to drive my airport car out there and I think my regular routine of "walk wherever I want to go, whenever I want to because screw the criminals" may just be pushing my luck a little. I'm seeing $900ish on travelocity for the month.
I just finished up and I found that 1 or 2 days a week for a car was a better option than the whole month. I spend about 400-500 on cars instead of 900 and it was good enough for those 1-2 days a week.
Does anyone know the answer:

Cat is 4-99-4

You have 4 days on call at the EOM. If you P/D the first of the 4, will next months bid force you to have 4 consecutive days on call? Or will the computer recognize the original schedule with the required block of on call (4 days).

Thanks!
Quote: Does anyone know the answer:

Cat is 4-99-4

You have 4 days on call at the EOM. If you P/D the first of the 4, will next months bid force you to have 4 consecutive days on call? Or will the computer recognize the original schedule with the required block of on call (4 days).

Thanks!
You're never forced to complete an incomplete grouping of days in a subsequent bid month, but if you get adjacent days in the subsequent month, they have to follow the rules. So if in your example you PD'd TWO days, PBS would only give you two or more touching days. Some guys bid small sets or singular days at the end of the bid period without "completing the grouping" in the next month to minimize exposure to longer reserve trip assignments.

PBS will not look at your previous month's award (pre-PD), it will look at the truth data it has at the time.
Quote: Heading to upgrade training in March. Last trip captain advised me to get a rental car primarily for psychological well-being purposes. Which I totally get. Has anyone done this? Any pitfalls or suggestions? I live too far to drive my airport car out there and I think my regular routine of "walk wherever I want to go, whenever I want to because screw the criminals" may just be pushing my luck a little. I'm seeing $900ish on travelocity for the month.
Might check Costco if you're a member. Great rates.
Quote: Might check Costco if you're a member. Great rates.
Make a refundable reservation and then go to Autoslash.com That website will track your reservation and give you a bunch of cheaper options. Then you just book via auto slash and cancel your old reservation. I’ve saved a ton of money on car rentals using auto slash.
Quote: Make a refundable reservation and then go to Autoslash.com That website will track your reservation and give you a bunch of cheaper options. Then you just book via auto slash and cancel your old reservation. I’ve saved a ton of money on car rentals using auto slash.
Whoa! That’s some next level rental strategy there. Thanks guys!
Question about buddy Pass travel....I have a friend wanting to fly Two short domestic legs on a one way pass next week and the charge was going to be $107!

I though earlier this year there was a big thing on deltanet about them reducing the buddy Pass charges to be more like other carriers. I thought it was suppose to be just taxes on the ticket...in the neighborhood of $30 each way. Can anyone shed any light on this who has done buddy Pass traveling recently for friends? Did I miss something?
Good thinking, VA Ave is not a safe place to walk alone, especially at night. One would think the company should provide transportation to and from the downtown crew hotel like they would on a trip. I guess the world's greatest employees need to double as the world's greatest jiu-jitsu practitioners if they don't want to part with their wallets, watches, or health during training. It's a lot cheaper to say you have the greatest employees and that safety is your #1 priority than to actually do something about it.
Quote: Good thinking, VA Ave is not a safe place to walk alone, especially at night. One would think the company should provide transportation to and from the downtown crew hotel like they would on a trip. I guess the world's greatest employees need to double as the world's greatest jiu-jitsu practitioners if they don't want to part with their wallets, watches, or health during training. It's a lot cheaper to say you have the greatest employees and that safety is your #1 priority than to actually do something about it.
Speed and Kevlar, avoid physical confrontation. It's worked on Virginia Avenue for years. Avoid wearing bright colors at night. The bridge crossing linking the Doubetree to Virginia Avenue provides the enemy ample opportunity to accost you and throw you onto the interstate. This should be on the quarterly CQ.
Quote: Speed and Kevlar, avoid physical confrontation. It's worked on Virginia Avenue for years. Avoid wearing bright colors at night. The bridge crossing linking the Doubetree to Virginia Avenue provides the enemy ample opportunity to accost you and throw you onto the interstate. This should be on the quarterly CQ.
At least we're not allowed to carry firearms on to the property. Gotta make sure all the ground pounders are safe from those dangerous gun-toting cowboy pilots.
18420  18920  19320  19370  19410  19416  19417  19418  19419  19420  19421  19422  19423  19424  19430  19470  19520  19920 
Page 19420 of 20173
Go to