Any "Latest & Greatest" about Delta?

Subscribe
18905  19405  19805  19855  19895  19901  19902  19903  19904  19905  19906  19907  19908  19909  19915  19955  20005 
Page 19905 of 20173
Go to
Quote: If one is west coast based and is assigned an A period sim in Atlanta reporting at 5am.....does this generate any extra pay? Thanks,

Denny

Edit: I found something but it mentions "qualification" training. I'm going to re-establish recency (which expired) so would that be "qualification" training?
As an FYI follow up to. this post.

The answer is YES I get the extra 4 hours of pay! I emailed the Dalpa Training Committee and, after a little back and forth, the upshot is both myself and my Seattle based FO got the extra 4 hours of pay added to our time cards today. Thanks to JC on the Training Committee!

Denny
Wouldn't this be a good time for the company to diversify its portfolio? I know they probably don't want to layout the cash now but what would be the cost versus payback on making some of the 757s and 767s cargo aircraft instead of sending them to be beer cans? We have the aircraft, crews and maintenance. We've worked with these aircraft for years and cargo seems to be a never ending need. I know, don't say it. Somehow there is plenty of money in cargo for operators like Atlas etc. The pax side can grow through new aircraft when demand comes back.
Quote: Wouldn't this be a good time for the company to diversify its portfolio? I know they probably don't want to layout the cash now but what would be the cost versus payback on making some of the 757s and 767s cargo aircraft instead of sending them to be beer cans? We have the aircraft, crews and maintenance. We've worked with these aircraft for years and cargo seems to be a never ending need. I know, don't say it. Somehow there is plenty of money in cargo for operators like Atlas etc. The pax side can grow through new aircraft when demand comes back.
Sun Country is staffing Amazon 737 starting in June or July. I like this idea.
Quote: Sun Country is staffing Amazon 737 starting in June or July. I like this idea.
There's no money in revenue.
Short term we are gonna go through some tough times but I am starting to believe that we truly have been built better than other airlines to withstand this and I think a year from now going into summer 2021 we are gonna he full steam ahead
Quote: Wouldn't this be a good time for the company to diversify its portfolio? I know they probably don't want to layout the cash now but what would be the cost versus payback on making some of the 757s and 767s cargo aircraft instead of sending them to be beer cans? We have the aircraft, crews and maintenance. We've worked with these aircraft for years and cargo seems to be a never ending need. I know, don't say it. Somehow there is plenty of money in cargo for operators like Atlas etc. The pax side can grow through new aircraft when demand comes back.
Half the worlds cargo capacity was lost in the last 60 days. Cargo yields have soared. When the passenger flights resume the cargo yields will drop like a stone. In other words it’s a horrible time to spends millions per airframe to convert them to freighters.
Quote: Half the worlds cargo capacity was lost in the last 60 days. Cargo yields have soared. When the passenger flights resume the cargo yields will drop like a stone. In other words it’s a horrible time to spends millions per airframe to convert them to freighters.
Makes sense. Devil’s Advocate argument now. Wouldn’t now be the exact time to spin up logistically to capture the market and gain market share? Get ahead of the wait and see leaders. It’s always easier to do nothing.
It seems like having a handful of converted jets would be a good hedge. Full disclosure, I'm a pilot.
Quote: As an FYI follow up to. this post.

The answer is YES I get the extra 4 hours of pay! I emailed the Dalpa Training Committee and, after a little back and forth, the upshot is both myself and my Seattle based FO got the extra 4 hours of pay added to our time cards today. Thanks to JC on the Training Committee!

Denny
Well seems I have to backpedal on this answer. I just got an email today saying the company is now denying the 4 hours because the sim was for re-establishing recency and not maintaining recency......at least that’s what I got from it.

Doesn’t make a lot of sense to me...

Denny
I was told no....
Quote: As an FYI follow up to. this post.

Denny
Just got done emailing said committee, no dice for me despite exact circumstances.
18905  19405  19805  19855  19895  19901  19902  19903  19904  19905  19906  19907  19908  19909  19915  19955  20005 
Page 19905 of 20173
Go to