Any "Latest & Greatest" about Delta?

Subscribe
8190  8690  9090  9140  9180  9186  9187  9188  9189  9190  9191  9192  9193  9194  9200  9240  9290  9690  10190 
Page 9190 of 20173
Go to
Quote: My favorite one liner on this issue..........

"If you can see your pilot, he's not getting paid"
Beautiful!
Quote:
That said. The first bucket should stop at 60. =)
Amen to that.
Quote: How do you guys get the quotes inside those cute little boxes?

lead off with [QQUOTE=Rudder;1147023] The content quoted goes here. Quotation ends with [/QQUOTE]

(Spell the word QUOTE correctly and it will all work out. If viewing on an iPhone click on this post to see the script.)
I still don't understand why seniority is so important that we take reserve back to a straight seniority based system like white slip awards yet leave green slip awards in a spread the wealth system.

How important is seniority?

And this is coming from someone who is benefiting from the new system. Although, not as much as those with 12-14 years of seniority bidding T-Tail land MD88 B reserve. They win.
Quote: Yes, it should have its perks, and smaller buckets would still provide plenty of that. Perks are good, but running roughshod over your fellow pilots so you can sit home all month is more than a perk--it's an abusive system.
That's not how it's playing out here on the left coast. Just saw the #1 CA commute in to sit SC for the fourth time. He doesn't think he's running roughshod over anybody.
Quote: That's not how it's playing out here on the left coast. Just saw the #1 CA commute in to sit SC for the fourth time. He doesn't think he's running roughshod over anybody.
What month does the SC use seniority? How does it work? Does a junior guy get 3 before the senior does 1? Or is it still just a crapshoot.
Quote: What month does the SC use seniority? How does it work? Does a junior guy get 3 before the senior does 1? Or is it still just a crapshoot.
It just started. I tried to game the system by snagging all my short calls this week. 10 minutes after I went on my first short call this morning the phone rang... whoops!

Oh well... super cool captain and easy trip. Here I sit for 31 hours posting pictures of FAs and telling Internet Brands to post more ads for companies I plug.
Quote: Of course you have zero influence on the ads. That's a red herring.

Did you know about the ad before it was posted? Were you instructed to plug it?

very peculiar timing for one or more mods to bring up the topic, unsolicited, on this thread.
To quote a truly under-appreciated movie.... "You have derailed."
Quote: That's where our work rules suck. SWA has a 6 Hour/day minimum. The average guy only works 12-13 days/month to get their Average Pay - $230 for CA and $130 for F/Os. We need to get our duty rigs (work day) and trip rigs (TAFB) up so if we have long sits during a day or long layovers (30 hour plus) then we get paid appropriately to force the company to use us efficiently or pay us for the time we're at work (I define at work as Sign in (1 hour before 1st push) to sign out (1/2 hour after landing). If they want us to sit around during a day or during a trip we need to be compensated for that (also other paid work QCQ, sims, vacation). Min pay/day (whether you fly or not) is 5:15 (5:30/5:45 would be better), QCQ is one minute of pay for each minute of running time, vacation needs be the same as pay/day and should be pay and credit - that way if you run into a good deal during the part of the month you work you'll have enough hours to get GS pay or if you WS you can put something away.

As Sailing would say.......wait for it......"we can't even ask for better duty and trip rigs.... We aren't Southwest!!!!"
Quote: It just started. I tried to game the system by snagging all my short calls this week. 10 minutes after I went on my first short call this morning the phone rang... whoops!

Oh well... super cool captain and easy trip. Here I sit for 31 hours posting pictures of FAs and telling Internet Brands to post more ads for companies I plug.
What do you think of Dockers.com?

Do their pants have white pockets?
8190  8690  9090  9140  9180  9186  9187  9188  9189  9190  9191  9192  9193  9194  9200  9240  9290  9690  10190 
Page 9190 of 20173
Go to