Red Wing Aero?

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  15 
Page 5 of 17
Go to
Red Wing Aeroplane
Sorry it is still so bad. When I was there pilots quit left & right. Owner hates pilots. Getting reimbursed was like pulling teeth. It took forever. Pilots for your own good listen up, stay the hell away from Red Wing Aeroplane!!
Quote: Sorry it is still so bad. When I was there pilots quit left & right. Owner hates pilots. Getting reimbursed was like pulling teeth. It took forever. Pilots for your own good listen up, stay the hell away from Red Wing Aeroplane!!
Amen!! I have been in the aviation career for many years and it's by far the worst company ever. I swear to God.
RWA Calling
They called me and after reading this YIKES!
Red Wing Aeroplane
Do yourself a BIG favor, run away as fast as you can. Don't let your friends even apply there! You have been warned.
Stay away they suck!!!
Red Wing Aeroplane
Please listen to Skipper13. He knows what he is talking about. The absolute worse when it comes to pay, QOL, schedule, training contract, etc. Owner hates pilots!!
Believe me when I say that....
Owner does not deserve your time
I interviewed there a few years ago. Owner and CP were at the table. The owner, Wes was very ambivalent and disinterested. He kept looking at his watch as if he was in a hurry to go somewhere. Spoke of his days as a 74 driver for some ****bag company. The CP was a bit of a car salesman. Stating they flew all these important people... As if that means anything. Got an offer a few hours later. Turned it down the next day after speaking with some people I knew.
DO NOT GO THERE! Your time is worth something. Do not reward people like this with the most valuable commodity in the world. Your time.
With the massive vacuum of hiring going on at the majors/cargo and the effects trickling down through the regionals, I just don't get how companies like these manage to attract anyone. I suppose as long as people apply and interview, management thinks what they are offering is still competitive. But when I read things like The owner hates pilots!... The CP and owners appear disinterested during the interview.... why? why bother? seriously. And training contracts? in today's market?

I'm not saying XYZ regional or corporate flight department is perfect, but at least you can get hard days off and acceptable QoL (assuming you aren't commuting) at a regional where they won't touch you on your days off, aside from the random junior man. And most regionals have labor contracts which limit the amount of junior manning. There are 135 companies that treat their pilots much better, but it's outfits like these that just make me wonder. As long as pilots keep accepting bush league jobs like these, it just keeps the bar low and further legitimizes sh!t pay and QoL. Educate yoself!
8/6 schedule and 92K don't = "Bottom Feeder"
Quote: With the massive vacuum of hiring going on at the majors/cargo and the effects trickling down through the regionals, I just don't get how companies like these manage to attract anyone. I suppose as long as people apply and interview, management thinks what they are offering is still competitive.

I'm not saying XYZ regional or corporate flight department is perfect, but at least you can get hard days off and acceptable QoL (assuming you aren't commuting) at a regional where they won't touch you on your days off, aside from the random junior man. And most regionals have labor contracts which limit the amount of junior manning. There are 135 companies that treat their pilots much better, but it's outfits like these that just make me wonder. As long as pilots keep accepting bush league jobs like these, it just keeps the bar low and further legitimizes sh!t pay and QoL. Educate yoself!

OK, I'll bite.....

Not having a dog in this fight, I just checked them out on the Orange job site.. Here is what they are advertising:

1) A set 8 on 6 off schedule.
2) Month to month voluntary flexible schedule.
3) Trade whole trips, partial trips, or drop trips.
4) Per Diem, Vacation, Incentive Pay, 401K, PTO.
5) Live at home with 21 approved gateways to fly out of.
6) Starting pay for CE-500 or CE-525 PIC starts at $92,000.....
7) FAA approved ASAP program.

So, have things here dramatically improved or are these all mistruths that they have published on the job site? Either the haters are telling the truth and warning their fellow aviators (Which is noble and should be applauded), or things have drastically improved since they worked there and it was like my old UPS crash pad roommates telling me and my 135 friends what a crappy job they had at UPS. Perspective, people!! Sorry, but $92,000, multiple gateway near home basing, and an 8/6 schedule are pushing towards the upper tier of most 135 operators. And some fractional operators like Flexjet/Flight Options and Gama with nearly the same pay and schedules. And sorry again, but this just doesn't qualify as your typical scumbag 135 operator run out of a double wide in YIP or FLL that is being described on this thread.

I don't work there or know anyone there, just in case you're wondering. So if the above information is true, why all the hate (aside from owner and CP issues that could be at any company)? Have they been born again or should we not trust the Orange site?

Serious, respectful question....... I realize that what you guys experienced in the past wasn't good, but if the Orange site is true, then they don't sound anything like the bottom feeder that several on here accuse them of being. Companies change. EAS went from a 12 on 3 off draconian schedule, to an approaching Netjets 8/6 schedule in under 2 years. Gotta love the qualified pilot shortage.
Business is business
Choices are what makes a career. Especially in today’s market. Choose wisely.
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  15 
Page 5 of 17
Go to