More Delta Scope Relaxation?

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 7
Go to
Quote: I'm no expert, but I know there are limits on both seats and weight. 76 seats and 86,000 lbs are the upper limits, I think. I'm sure there are carve outs for other things, but those are the general limits.

PG

The 50 seat RJ is a financial submarine with oil over $60 per barrel. The Legacy carriers are looking to outsouce or move flying into larger RJ aircraft. DALPA better keep the scope language nailed down or large RJs will own the flying in the lower 48 states.
the CHQ 145's were modified with a stronger spar and other structural increases. I wonder if this is a company move to try and match the S5 175's to CPZ's 175's or if its delta trying to get them to be the same to operate on the same routes.
I can honestly say, that if section 1 is relaxed any more, there will be major repercussions for our leaders. Many have spoken quite vocally about this.
Quote: I can honestly say, that if section 1 is relaxed any more, there will be major repercussions for our leaders. Many have spoken quite vocally about this.
I hope this is true. You guys have 100% of my support in bringing back scope, and stopping this slippery slope that we've gotten ourselves on.
Man if they keep doing this, IMHO it may be time to retool.
There is only so much of this a career can take. I will fight it as long as I can. I do not care if there is a 100% pay increase, I will vote no on any contract that gives away more scope.
Quote: I'm no expert, but I know there are limits on both seats and weight. 76 seats and 86,000 lbs are the upper limits, I think. I'm sure there are carve outs for other things, but those are the general limits.

PG
1.B.40.d of the JCBA limits them to 76 seats and 86,000 MGTOW except for the 36 Compass aircraft that are allowed to 89,000.

As someone else pointed out there is no issue unless they attempt to operate increase GW acft on the DAL code. Per what was communicated here the intent "appears" to be that RAH will modify all E175 to the new weight.

Unless DALPA grants relief or these aircraft are carved out for the gross weight increase they can no longer be operated on the DAL code.
Quote: I can honestly say, that if section 1 is relaxed any more, there will be major repercussions for our leaders. Many have spoken quite vocally about this.
But it only matters what ONE particular union leader thinks. And he thinks RJ's are good for Delta.

Carl
Quote: But it only matters what ONE particular union leader thinks. And he thinks RJ's are good for Delta.

Carl

...and not on Delta property or worked by Delta's pilots. That's not a good combination.
Heck DALPA won't even respond to emails asking questions from its members..... I guess they are all too busy signing LOAs giving away our flying for the "good of the company".
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 7
Go to