Latest on ups furough threat

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 7
Go to
Spoke to someone close to waz happening with furluogh mitigation talks and stated that ups in not interested on voluntary and military leaves or retirements, They would like to open up the contract and renegotiate some things that will bring them lot more than 54mil. Who knows what will happen but with ipa not budging and ups being stubborn i'm not getting a fuzzy feeling about this.
Quote: Spoke to someone close to waz happening with furluogh mitigation talks and stated that ups in not interested on voluntary and military leaves or retirements, They would like to open up the contract and renegotiate some things that will bring them lot more than 54mil. Who knows what will happen but with ipa not budging and ups being stubborn i'm not getting a fuzzy feeling about this.
hahaha...

Someone from the IPA please write a MRB and tell these clowns our contract NOT due for negotiation and they can go shove it!
Quote: Spoke to someone close to waz happening with furluogh mitigation talks and stated that ups in not interested on voluntary and military leaves or retirements, They would like to open up the contract and renegotiate some things that will bring them lot more than 54mil. Who knows what will happen but with ipa not budging and ups being stubborn i'm not getting a fuzzy feeling about this.
The sooner this group figures out that this is not about costs but rather about control the better off we'll all be.
Quote: The sooner this group figures out that this is not about costs but rather about control the better off we'll all be.
I said that when the furlough was first announced ... FWIW. Well that it was more about concessions than an actual furlough.

I've been furloughed before. Didn't get a pre-furlough notice before the actual furlough notice. That was just a means to ask for concessions.

If it was only about overstaffing and the need to furlough, we would not have found out until the June 1 letters for the Sept 1 round of furloughs.
Quote: I said that when the furlough was first announced ... FWIW. Well that it was more about concessions than an actual furlough.

I've been furloughed before. Didn't get a pre-furlough notice before the actual furlough notice. That was just a means to ask for concessions.

If it was only about overstaffing and the need to furlough, we would not have found out until the June 1 letters for the Sept 1 round of furloughs.
EXACTLY!!!! So obvious isn't it?

So why is our union wasting time with them again?

Are they just playing the game, or is BM really that stupid?
Quote: EXACTLY!!!! So obvious isn't it?

You know what kills me is when the economy turns north and we have 300 guys on the street ups will come to ipa and ask for relief and being spineless as ususall our EB will give it to him. History will repeat itself just like the summer of 2003 when the system was on verge of clapse and crewless airbuses were sitting on the ramp, By the time we were about to prove our point to ups BM lifted the ban and ask for a relief. I wish they would stop taking union dues out of pay ck until we have people with brain and guts representing me.
Quote: And the sooner guys quit picking up open time the better off we will be..It's happening every day often !!
Actually at the present time, UPS would love for us to quit picking up open time. It would decrease their cost substantially and utilize reserves more which are a fixed cost. I would be very careful when and if any type of furlough mitigation plan is announced. My hunch is that one of the things UPS wants is the ability to assign open time to reserves prior to it going into open time.
Lets hope Miller has learned lessons from days gone by and not give in down the road. I am not confident that he has, only time will tell.
Quote: hahaha...

Someone from the IPA please write a MRB and tell these clowns our contract NOT due for negotiation and they can go shove it!
Then your next post you say

Quote: EXACTLY!!!! So obvious isn't it?

What is it? Understand the frustration and anger, but when the EB does what you wanted in your first quote, you then contradict yourself with the second statement.
BM isn't a dictator, the EB has input, and has great sway. Not a one person show. You may disagree with the strategy, but yours is contradictory, so .......
Quote: Then your next post you say

What is it? Understand the frustration and anger, but when the EB does what you wanted in your first quote, you then contradict yourself with the second statement.
BM isn't a dictator, the EB has input, and has great sway. Not a one person show. You may disagree with the strategy, but yours is contradictory, so .......
HUH???

both statements indicated that our union shouldn't be negotiating.
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 7
Go to