UPS JS and the bottom 300

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 3 of 8
Go to
Quote: OK enough of this js stuff, how many of these potential furloughee's JUMPED on that signing bonus? Try living on that for a couple of years!
WE could have done much better with the 06 contract, now deal with it!
OK let her rip!
Alright, you did give me permission.

Some of us who are senior voted yes, and not because of the signing bonus. True, some may have voted yes because of the bonus, but others voted yes because they studied the contract and not the bar and grill.

Quote:
WE could have done much better with the 06 contract,
WE also could have done much worse too.
Quote: OK enough of this js stuff, how many of these potential furloughee's JUMPED on that signing bonus? Try living on that for a couple of years!
OK let her rip!

Actually, the answer is 0 8-capt. Not one potential furloughee got a contract vote or signing bonus. I guess I have to change my name since I don't get a turkey coupon any longer. See, I gave up my bonus too.
OK let her rip!
Come on, 8-capt. Did you really need to throw that grenade in here right now? Just like the age thing, the contract issue has been done for almost 2.5 years, and we must move on. This MOU / furlough issue is just as emotional as Age 65, Contract 2006, manglement pilots, etc. Plus, I think most of these guys were hired after the contract was ratified.
OK let her rip!
For the love of pete,
The most senior bottom 300 was hired 10/3/2006, therefore could vote on 10/3/2007. Was the contract voted on before Oct 2007? It took me all of 15 seconds to research this--nice impotent grenade, Capt.
Talk about lobbing a dud !

That bottom 300 never saw a signing bonus, or a leather jacket (from UPS).

We have seemed to "deal with it" just fine, thanks to other IPA members.

What flamebait ...

OK let her rip!
"We could have done better".........what logic do you base that assumption on?

Considering your flawed logic on who was allowed to vote, it's clear both of your points of view are wrong.
Quote:
This isn't just about saving 300. Its about preserving your current bidding life style for half of the list.

the Brown CC

Someone who gets it!
This has got to be one of the most lame threads I've seen here in a long time. As a Spartan myself I will not be JSing, I'll choose the reduced bid line. I like to control my own schedule, and who knows maybe I'll pull down a little more than 37.5 in a pay period. This works for me. Does the IPA need to creatre a web board for that so the critics can track what they think others should be doing. Just do whats right for you.

TS
Gimme a break! DC8 FEs can't "Job share"....how will we know what seat to sign up for? You don't have to sign up on the job share bulletin board to job share - that is for people that don't know who to jobshare with!

I will be taking reduced line guarantee. I want more control over my schedule...and btw...50% of FE guarantee is $3000/mo before taxes. I seriously doubt the company is going to offer us FO pay before we finish class...whenever that is.
Ygtbsm
Quote: Gimme a break! DC8 FEs can't "Job share"....how will we know what seat to sign up for? You don't have to sign up on the job share bulletin board to job share - that is for people that don't know who to jobshare with!

I will be taking reduced line guarantee. I want more control over my schedule...and btw...50% of FE guarantee is $3000/mo before taxes. I seriously doubt the company is going to offer us FO pay before we finish class...whenever that is.
MD11Pilot
Bottom 50..
1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 3 of 8
Go to