Skywest pilots and uniform policy

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 6
Go to
Huh. I've never seen a southwest guy in a hat. I didn't know they had them. I'd wear the hat if we could wear shorts and lose the tie.
Ditto the DCI thing at Comair.

The CP office came out with a memo a couple weeks ago that asks us to watch our uniform compliance, and buy a new hat if we have "misplaced" our old one. They include a caution that the company will begin enforcing the uniform code.

So I guess all Cincy Captains and JFK Captains/FOs had better read up on crew policies/procedures before DCI forces our CPs to drop the hammer on us.
Quote: Huh. I've never seen a southwest guy in a hat. I didn't know they had them. .
Yea they do, they look like AA hats. Though the only times I've seen them were on super old Captains.
If the company that writes your check, thus supporting the roof over your head and putting food in your belly, says the company policy is to wear pink bunny slippers - you wear freakin pink bunny slippers!

It never ceases to amaze me that pilots are the only group that choose to think it is OK to ignore the policy of the company that they work for. If you get hired at a company and they say you wear tan pants and a blue button down to work, that is what you wear. You don't show up wearing a red golf shirt because you don't like blue button downs. I have had a lot of differnt kind of jobs, and I wore what they told me too. Why is this different? Cause the hats don't look cool or they mess up your hair? Maybe A Rod should show up at third base without his hat! Or, why stop at the hat. Black dress shoes are uncomfortable, so wear some Nike sneakers. Shorts and flip flops are pretty comfortable. Why not wear those?
Quote: If the company that writes your check, thus supporting the roof over your head and putting food in your belly, says the company policy is to wear pink bunny slippers - you wear freakin pink bunny slippers!

It never ceases to amaze me that pilots are the only group that choose to think it is OK to ignore the policy of the company that they work for. If you get hired at a company and they say you wear tan pants and a blue button down to work, that is what you wear. You don't show up wearing a red golf shirt because you don't like blue button downs. I have had a lot of differnt kind of jobs, and I wore what they told me too. Why is this different? Cause the hats don't look cool or they mess up your hair? Maybe A Rod should show up at third base without his hat! Or, why stop at the hat. Black dress shoes are uncomfortable, so wear some Nike sneakers. Shorts and flip flops are pretty comfortable. Why not wear those?
Someone has a case of the "mondays".....You need more "Flare" on your uniform!!!
Southwest has a hat?

A-rod wears a hat because there's a ball flying at him going 90 mph.

Which has me wondering - what is the purpose/history of our uniform hat?

Finally-the original thread - so Skywest does have a hat with their uniform and needs to be worn with your overcoat per your ops manual - thanks!
From the SKW Ops Manual:

"The uniform hat is only mandatory when the trench coat is worn. A smug, haughty, and self-satisfied facial expression is mandatory at all times. Eye contact with pilots of other airlines is never allowed."

Just kidding.
Actually, the hat isn't required with the trench coat anymore.

There had been a push earlier this spring to bring the hat back 100% of the time, but it hasn't happened yet. Somebody in accounting probabaly figured buying 2800 hats would cost to much and told flight ops no.
I know I'll get flamed for this one but....

I always wear a hat in uniform. I think it looks professional and to me the uniform just seems incomplete without it. My airline has a policy of "hats on at all times in view of the flying public". But even before when they were optional, I wear one. Mabye its because I got used to it in the military, but honestly " why do some guys not like the hats? They shade your face on sunny days on the tarmac, and its not like they are uncomfortable, and your headset is what messes up your hair, and I would argue if the hat or headset messes up your hair its too long anyway..... Seriously why is it some guys dont like them?
I do not believe the members of AC/DC endorse the message posted next to their album cover.

Just sayin'....
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 6
Go to