Compass updates

Subscribe
197  247  287  293  294  295  296  297  298  299  300  301  307  347  397  797 
Page 297 of 942
Go to
Quote: Since when? I used to drop reserve days on reserve when they were green. Unless this is a new practice I don't think this is correct.
You can't do it with FLiCA ever since I've been here. As mentioned before a build up line holder can do it, but not a straight reserve line.

You can call scheduling and "negotiate" to try and make things work. But it will either cost credit hours or helping them out some other way.
Quote: Since when? I used to drop reserve days on reserve when they were green. Unless this is a new practice I don't think this is correct.
That went bye-bye awhile ago I believe, along with the ability to swap RSV days for opentime trips. Basically a moot point because the reserve grid seldom has green days.
How much are reserves flying vs. sitting? (on average)

How long on reserve before a build-up or a line?
Quote: How much are reserves flying vs. sitting? (on average)

RSV CA's fly almost every available day. FO's much less. I think 117 has all the RSV's flying more though.

Second question is hard to answer. I'm not sure where they are staffing plan wise. No more than a few months as of right now though.

UA
Quote: How much are reserves flying vs. sitting? (on average)

My info is a year or so old, but when I was on reserve, it took calls to scheduling and the CP to get assigned trips so I could just get consolidated. I got my 100th hour just a few days prior to the 120 day mark. I knew of one other FO who didn't get consolidated and had to go back to training.
Hired at the end of 2013. Finished IOE in November, sat reserve in December, got a build up line January and a regular line in February. I got my 100 hours within about 60 days.
Quote: RSV CA's fly almost every available day. FO's much less. I think 117 has all the RSV's flying more though.

Second question is hard to answer. I'm not sure where they are staffing plan wise. No more than a few months as of right now though.

UA
I know they said they plan on having some upgrades in March, and with 117 rules - I'm guessing it will help with movement from the bottom end.

But from what I've read the hiring is slowing down...
Quote: I know they said they plan on having some upgrades in March, and with 117 rules - I'm guessing it will help with movement from the bottom end.

But from what I've read the hiring is slowing down...
It should start up again in July-Aug for the flows next year. There is still about 60+ left to be hired for these flows by my count plus people are leaving to go else where . I know of a good dozen people who are in pools elsewhere or leaving very soon. They can't stop hiring. You could think of it as slowing but would you rather try now and be ahead of the next wave or realize next year that this is all happening again and be behind the curve for the second time.
Quote: It should start up again in July-Aug for the flows next year. There is still about 60+ left to be hired for these flows by my count plus people are leaving to go else where . I know of a good dozen people who are in pools elsewhere or leaving very soon. They can't stop hiring. You could think of it as slowing but would you rather try now and be ahead of the next wave or realize next year that this is all happening again and be behind the curve for the second time.
Can't argue with that. Thanks. It's also good news to me that it looks like there is some movement to the West Coast for bases - I see LAX is on APC now - and have read SLC may be next...

Is the paying for housing during training still standard?
I know it is preferred, but have they hired anyone recently without 121 experience? I'm a high time CFI...
197  247  287  293  294  295  296  297  298  299  300  301  307  347  397  797 
Page 297 of 942
Go to