Compass updates

Subscribe
200  250  290  296  297  298  299  300  301  302  303  304  310  350  400  800 
Page 300 of 942
Go to
Thanks for the responses, but I'm still an outsider looking to make a jump to the airlines. Could you explain what you mean by overages and soft credit?
Quote: Thanks for the responses, but I'm still an outsider looking to make a jump to the airlines. Could you explain what you mean by overages and soft credit?
Overages and soft credit refers to any overblocking and training pay (CBT), customs pay, and any other contractual pay that is paid above guarantee. When our contract is implemented, we will get paid for sitting at 30+ hour overnights (4 hrs. of pay).
Quote: Curious to see how much lines will change when min day of 4 hours goes into effect...
They're going to be drastically different. On the ALPA boards, one of the scheduling committee guys pointed out that a build up line worth 69 hours (with 14 days off) with four 30 hour layovers and several days paid at min day (soon to be 4) would be worth approximately 89 hours under the new contract. Same days worked for 20 additional hours of pay.
Quote: They're going to be drastically different. On the ALPA boards, one of the scheduling committee guys pointed out that a build up line worth 69 hours (with 14 days off) with four 30 hour layovers and several days paid at min day (soon to be 4) would be worth approximately 89 hours under the new contract. Same days worked for 20 additional hours of pay.
I agree but curious how the other end will look...11 days off with 92 credit and 2 30 hour overnights... I'm guessing more flying will be spread out or the 30 hour overnights will disappear...
So do you think there will be less days off with the new rest rules?
Compass updates
Over here at Xjt we did the 30 + hr overnights this month but guess that got too costly so next month they adjusted departure times to squeeze the minimum 10 hr rest requirement. I'm kinda excited to see what Compass has to offer. Hopefully I can get thru those 3 tests and get the offer. I felt I did okay when I took em for Xjt but heard compass grades on higher scale. How long are ppl waiting before getting the offer after interview?
Quote: Over here at Xjt we did the 30 + hr overnights this month but guess that got too costly so next month they adjusted departure times to squeeze the minimum 10 hr rest requirement. I'm kinda excited to see what Compass has to offer. Hopefully I can get thru those 3 tests and get the offer. I felt I did okay when I took em for Xjt but heard compass grades on higher scale. How long are ppl waiting before getting the offer after interview?
It was about a month after I applied that I got the email to call.
Took me over a year to hear from Compass. Once I updated my airlineapps with 121 time, the call was pretty quick.
I think he's asking how long it takes to hear if you got a job offer after the interview.
Same day

Filler
200  250  290  296  297  298  299  300  301  302  303  304  310  350  400  800 
Page 300 of 942
Go to