Amerijet STRIKE!

Subscribe
37  43  44  45  46  47  48  49 
Page 47 of 49
Go to
The list was prevalent amongst cockpit crewmembers for a couple of years after Eastern Airlines went on strike in March of 1989. I haven’t seen anyone pull out the “list” in years. I suppose a large number of those who crossed the picket line have found employment at other airlines where once again they have been welcomed within the fold of ALPA.
Quote: Here is the link to download the master (nationwide ) list

US MASTER PILOT SCABLIST 2004.pdf - File Shared from Box.net - Free Online File Storage
Thanks for that...it's going on my laptop and will be referenced religiously on the line.

Well done Amerijet folks...you rock.
So what happens with the scabs though? Are they reintegrated back into the IBT or are they fired?
Quote: How is that list enforced exactly? Never have I seen a captain whip out the list and check when I was jumpseating, nor have I ever seen that happen to anybody else. Just wondering.
"Back in the day" it was done when the Gate Agent walked the J/S request down to the cockpit, and anybody whose name was on the list never made it onto the jetway. I think that after a while, most gave up on jumpseating, rather than risk the hassle and embarrassment of trying to cop a ride.

I don't know any cargo pilots who even carry a copy of the list anymore.
Quote: I suppose a large number of those who crossed the picket line have found employment at other airlines where once again they have been welcomed within the fold of ALPA.
I'm pretty sure that reinstatement into ALPA isn't automatic for a scab just because they've been hired by another ALPA carrier. The matter has to be put to a vote by the general membership. If it passes, there are often fines and/or back dues assessed. In other words, under certain circumstances, you can buy your way back in.

Personally, I think they make it way too easy. The decision to scab on one's brothers is a pretty profound statement about the character of that individual. Unfortunately, there's not much you can do about that...a self-serving jerk will always be a self-serving jerk. But a vote by ALPA members at a different carrier to bring those individuals back into the Association is almost as bad. In fact, it could be read as an indication of the integrity and solidarity of that pilot group, and does not reflect well upon them. "Fool me twice..."

IMHO, of course.
HERE IS A BETTER LINK - UPDATED LIST (AMERIJET SCABS NOT IN THERE YET)

download | ifile.it
Quote: I don't know any cargo pilots who even carry a copy of the list anymore.
You do now
I know I do!
It would be great if someone could turn this list into a searchable PDF file or something so that I could just whip out the iphone and type in a name. I don't know how to do it, but it's something I've always wanted.
Well obviously for Amerijet scabs people will know but most of the others in the scab list have moved on to other airlines. Wouldn't it be pretty hard to enforce the list?
Quote: Well obviously for Amerijet scabs people will know but most of the others in the scab list have moved on to other airlines. Wouldn't it be pretty hard to enforce the list?

No sir, not hard at all I'm not sure you understand. Once a scab, always a scab. I have carried my list every day of my aviation career and have looked up many o' names. If you are on my list, I would ask you to please step off the jet. Period
37  43  44  45  46  47  48  49 
Page 47 of 49
Go to