MEC Summary of Nicolau Remedy [edit:AmEagle]

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 4 of 5
Go to
Quote: I thought American pilots were afraid to fly t-props because they're too dangerous.
The APA had to retract that statement when the company threatened to sue them.
Beagle,
just curious what is the lowest doh from the group of 824 pilots?
Quote: Beagle,
just curious what is the lowest doh from the group of 824 pilots?
The 824 slots are not pre-determined. Meaning once AA starts hiring 50% of the newhires will be AE CAs until 824 AE CAs have been hired. The AE CAs have the option to pass on the slot and it moves down to the next eligible AE CA. As of today if you start at the last flowthrough number and just go straight down the list assuming everyone will take the slot the DOH goes to about 6/01.

Keep in mind, there will be pilots more senior to that last flowthrough position also offered the spot who didnt get a flowthrough number before. There will also be attrition so some of those currently eligible AE CAs will be gone.
Thx Flyby. Curious what the senior guys will do. Doesn't sound like a super deal for them
Quote: Thx Flyby. Curious what the senior guys will do. Doesn't sound like a super deal for them
It isn't for those who go straight to the bottom. Those who go over at 3rd year pay have a tough decision to make.

Quote: Keep in mind, there will be pilots more senior to that last flowthrough position also offered the spot who didnt get a flowthrough number before. There will also be attrition so some of those currently eligible AE CAs will be gone.
Plus, as you already alluded, many present older Captains will pass since they cannot afford to start over at $35K/year. My guesstimate is that 90% over 50 years old and about 50% of those in their 40s will pass. Beer bet anyone?
Oh yea, I am with ya BP. The most junior pilot with a flowthrough number is 798 seniority with a 8/96 Eagle DOH. Out of all the guys senior to him, there are only 271 without AA #s. 174 of them are currently age 50 or older. I would be surprised if 100 of those 271 decided to take the AA flowthrough when the time comes.
This is very true especially with the higher paying long time ca's
Don't forget the AE flows must comply with the AA time to upgrade of 10 years (as the arbitrator ruled) as a condition of being a NEW HIRE at AA. I am not sure if the 10 year to upgrade is as of June 2010 when age 65 was the mandatory retirement date or in 1997, when the mandatory retirement was age 60. My guess is age 65. So no AE flows over 55 or 50 years old depending on the arbitrator's 10 year to upgrade date.
I know I am confused, but that is a normal condition for me.
Quote: Don't forget the AE flows must comply with the AA time to upgrade of 10 years (as the arbitrator ruled) as a condition of being a NEW HIRE at AA. I am not sure if the 10 year to upgrade is as of June 2010 when age 65 was the mandatory retirement date or in 1997, when the mandatory retirement was age 60. My guess is age 65. So no AE flows over 55 or 50 years old depending on the arbitrator's 10 year to upgrade date.
I know I am confused, but that is a normal condition for me.
From the latest Eagle ALPA hotline:

there have been questions about the “time to captain” clause mentioned in the award. We received clarification from Arbitrator Nicolau on Thursday that the previously calculated time of 10 years will apply to all flow-through pilots. A new calculation will not take place.
Quote: Oh yea, I am with ya BP. The most junior pilot with a flowthrough number is 798 seniority with a 8/96 Eagle DOH. Out of all the guys senior to him, there are only 271 without AA #s. 174 of them are currently age 50 or older. I would be surprised if 100 of those 271 decided to take the AA flowthrough when the time comes.
We'll know by the end of May. Should be interesting.

Anyone interested in starting a betting pool?
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 4 of 5
Go to