UPS Pool/Classes

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 6
Go to
8 747's arriving Spring next year. SDF Based. FAA already has the List here in SDF.

Cheap @#$'s. Get a modern efficient airplane already to replace the MD's! Like a 777!!
Quote: Cheap @#$'s. Get a modern efficient airplane already to replace the MD's! Like a 777!!
Ummmm...NO! Too much efficiency.
Quote: 8 747's arriving Spring next year. SDF Based. FAA already has the List here in SDF...
Really??!! I'll be following this closely. I'm sure there will be an equipment bid out eventually. ANC pilots go to SDF, ONT pilots return to ANC or get SDF too etc, etc. Or numerous senior SDF pilots take all the slots and there is no ANC movement. Which leads to the rhetorical question; I wonder if new hires can get to ANC on the 747 or MD?
Quote: 8 747's arriving Spring next year. SDF Based. FAA already has the List here in SDF.

Cheap @#$'s. Get a modern efficient airplane already to replace the MD's! Like a 777!!
The triple would look cool in UPS livery.
Quote: Really??!! I'll be following this closely. I'm sure there will be an equipment bid out eventually. ANC pilots go to SDF, ONT pilots return to ANC or get SDF too etc, etc. Or numerous senior SDF pilots take all the slots and there is no ANC movement. Which leads to the rhetorical question; I wonder if new hires can get to ANC on the 747 or MD?
Sorry to burst your bubble, but management has already said no new capital expenditures on new aircraft for FY2015.
Quote: 8 747's arriving Spring next year. SDF Based. FAA already has the List here in SDF.

Are these new 74s to the airline or are they yanking 8 from ANC to bring to SDF?
Management, at least a specific 747-400 manager (first name of Fred), is telling pilots in Anchorage that more -400s are coming, with a new -400 IPA base in SDF. A management base already exists there, of course.

I doubt it, as we have been hearing this rumor for years, and my own chief pilot (first name of Steve) told me how excited he was about our upcoming USPS award shortly before we found out the news we got ZERO of its business.
Can anyone enlighten me as to the application window. Is there a window and when will it close or is it open regularly for updating?
Quote: Management, at least a specific 747-400 manager (first name of Fred), is telling pilots in Anchorage that more -400s are coming, with a new -400 IPA base in SDF. A management base already exists there, of course.
That rumor has existed since the fleet started in 2007. SDF base won't happen unless the fleet size exceeds 15 aircraft and the loads justify 747's from SDF to CGN.
Window is opening and interviews are happening. Folks that pass the interview are being put into a pool according to a friend that interviewed this week. Any info past that is pure rumor at this point.
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 6
Go to