Alaska Jobs

Subscribe
6  7  8  9  10 
Page 10 of 10
Go to
Rotflmao
Ha! You guys have me rolling! That's hilarious! No where esle can you hear things like that. I once heard:

"John Charles, John Charles, you come on Haglends. You come on Hagelands. Jim John paid your ticket. Jim John paid your ticket." That was it, nothing more. Kind of "the chair is against the wall" message, for those Red Dawn fans. I always wondered if more than one John Charles showed up at one or more locations accross the delta to go somewhere on Hagelands. LOL.

Good stuff, Deltanites. Keep it up, keep it safe, and above all, have a little fun.

Ronin
I did actually fly a passenger named Harry Beaver once....I could barely fly, I was laughing so hard the entire flight...I don't remember which village though...
Also, its amazing how many had the same name for first and last name....Wassily Wassilie, etc...
I rolled into Gambell a few times clean shaving and wearing shoulder boards and I'm a chick, my mistake, the locals called me a "lady pilot" all the while looking scared. Apparently the fear was outweighed by the desire to make it to the big city. Alaska was very good to me, weigh your options, choose your airline wisely and play nice with the managers in the sandbox and eventually you'll move on if you so choose. There are plenty of 121 airlines up there some are hiring and some are furloughing. As for favorite memories........unloading the back of the plane in Nulato and having a local yell at me to "not disrespect my eggs," you can't make that stuff up!
Quote: And who can forget Open Line, aka the Happy Birthday Show.
I'd occasionally listen when I was REALLY bored to work on my native impression. Could be funny on occasion.

Quote: "John Charles, John Charles, you come on Haglends. You come on Hagelands. Jim John paid your ticket. Jim John paid your ticket." That was it, nothing more. Kind of "the chair is against the wall" message, for those Red Dawn fans. I always wondered if more than one John Charles showed up at one or more locations accross the delta to go somewhere on Hagelands. LOL.
Almost forgot about the personal messages via radio. It truly is different up there...

Quote: I rolled into Gambell a few times clean shaving and wearing shoulder boards and I'm a chick, my mistake, the locals called me a "lady pilot" all the while looking scared. Apparently the fear was outweighed by the desire to make it to the big city. Alaska was very good to me, weigh your options, choose your airline wisely and play nice with the managers in the sandbox and eventually you'll move on if you so choose. There are plenty of 121 airlines up there some are hiring and some are furloughing. As for favorite memories........unloading the back of the plane in Nulato and having a local yell at me to "not disrespect my eggs," you can't make that stuff up!
HAHA!!
Frozen:
That's a great one! It's fun to hear stories from everyone.

I Fly:
There's a family of 'Hunts' in the northern delta villages. I'll let you decide if one of them was named Mike. I didn't think anyone would ever do that to their son, but.....

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving weekend!
Quote: Frozen:
That's a great one! It's fun to hear stories from everyone.

I Fly:
There's a family of 'Hunts' in the northern delta villages. I'll let you decide if one of them was named Mike. I didn't think anyone would ever do that to their son, but.....

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving weekend!
I think there are actually 3 generations of Hunts all named Mike . . .
ahh yes Mike hunt....lol
lol. Thread closed.
6  7  8  9  10 
Page 10 of 10
Go to