Checkrides And Regionals

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 10
Go to
Hey guys I have read that Colgan won't interview you if you have more than 2 checkride failures, and American Eagle will kick you out of an interview if they find out you have ever failed a checkride.

Is there any truth to this? That you could be invited to an interview and then just sent home simply because you failed a few check rides back in your training days?
Quote: Hey guys I have read that Colgan won't interview you if you have more than 2 checkride failures, and American Eagle will kick you out of an interview if they find out you have ever failed a checkride.

Is there any truth to this? That you could be invited to an interview and then just sent home simply because you failed a few check rides back in your training days?
I failed my commercial single ride and got hired by eagle..so..no

but if you have 2 you're unlikely to get picked up by eagle..if you have more than 2 you're definitely not going to be touched.
i wouldn't want to be a part of a company if they won't allow even one failed checkride... thats unrealistic. the CFI initial is like a 25% pass rate
Quote: I failed my commercial single ride and got hired by eagle..so..no

but if you have 2 you're unlikely to get picked up by eagle..if you have more than 2 you're definitely not going to be touched.
Would over 1000 hours of multi, single pilot freight, and over 2 years of 135 experience not count? That is completely stupid if true.
Quote: Hey guys I have read that Colgan won't interview you if you have more than 2 checkride failures, and American Eagle will kick you out of an interview if they find out you have ever failed a checkride.
If you need to ask you shouldn't be applying!
Quote: Would over 1000 hours of multi, single pilot freight, and over 2 years of 135 experience not count? That is completely stupid if true.
FAA is apparently really really far up their butts. That's what i've heard.

Recency is HUGE with Eagle. Also, they're not taking people that are "too experienced". Pretty much everyone i've talked to with 2000+ hours are being turned down.
Colgan will not hire you if you have more than two checkride failures. It's clearly stated in the information they send out to potential interviewees.

As for Eagle, it's a crap-shoot. Not sure if there's a written policy, but I do know people who have been hired there that have failed rides. Just be 100% honest about it.
FAA needs to fix their Santa Claus and "God's Gift to Aviation" Examiners before crawling up regionals butts on checkride failures.
What about 141 rides? I keep hearing that in the eyes of Eagle (and other regionals), they are just as bad as failed 61 rides.

And by the way, I'm 8 141 rides in with 3 busts, which were all at the PPL phases of my training.

Do they mean ANY failed checkrides? Who cares if you failed your private 10 years ago? I think what they are looking for are 2 or more failures with the airlines. That is what I would assume they are talking about. I guess if you failed a bunch of your training checkrides then maybe they would care.
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 10
Go to