"Latest and Greatest" about jetBlue

Subscribe
7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  21  61  111 
Page 11 of 344
Go to
Quote: I'll see ya there!
Quote: Got January 19th as well! See ya there
Congrats to you two as well!!
Welcome Aboard boys and girls. We're all looking forward to the seniority bump!
I've applied in both of the past two app windows. 5000+ TT/ 4000+ SIC/ 0 TPIC. Didn't have an ATP for the first, so no surprise I didn't get a call after. For the Dec. 1 window I had an ATP along with 4 letters of rec. (2 from JB guys). Still no call. I know of another guy with a similar story who is also waiting. Not sure what is catching their eye in regards to calls for interviews. Thoughts?
I have no idea how they make decisions on who to hire and who not to. There was a guy in my interview that I knew, and flew with that didn't get the job. Hes a great guy and I couldn't figure out why he didn't make the cut, or why I did. I feel pretty fortunate to have been given the opportunity to work here. After all the "blue juice" keep in mind that its an airline like anywhere else, but hopefully a little better than the other places.

Keep updating your applications. I keep hearing as many "possibly" up 400 newhires this year. It took them 8 months to get to me, so dont sweat not getting called for the first one. Good luck!

Oh, BTW... If you new kids can hold the Airbus, I hear Boston is really nice in the spring time.
Quote: I have no idea how they make decisions on who to hire and who not to. There was a guy in my interview that I knew, and flew with that didn't get the job. Hes a great guy and I couldn't figure out why he didn't make the cut, or why I did. I feel pretty fortunate to have been given the opportunity to work here. After all the "blue juice" keep in mind that its an airline like anywhere else, but hopefully a little better than the other places.

Keep updating your applications. I keep hearing as many "possibly" up 400 newhires this year. It took them 8 months to get to me, so dont sweat not getting called for the first one. Good luck!

Oh, BTW... If you new kids can hold the Airbus, I hear Boston is really nice in the spring time.
And, BTW fill out your ALPA cards and send them in! And be sure to vote!
Quote: And, BTW fill out your ALPA cards and send them in! And be sure to vote!

.....or not....either way...

(vote by all means, but don't be pressured into submitting an ALPA card...)
Quote: And, BTW fill out your ALPA cards and send them in! And be sure to vote!
When does the vote end? Im curious to see the results
Hey guys...this isn't a thread about unions...it's hopefully an informative thread about hiring and current classes at jetBlue. I respectfully ask that you keep on topic and take the union discussion to another thread. There are plenty of threads to discuss the unions and pros/cons of each airline. Thanks -

That being said...
It still looks like two training in classes in January (possibly up to around 30 pilots per class) and two interview sessions in January, which means there will be more training classes to follow. No further information's available right now.

Answers to a couple questions I've been asked:
Training has been great. 6 1/2 weeks in Orlando, hotel is paid for, uniforms are paid for. All of the instructors have been top notch. Good luck!
Had my application in since June. ATP with just over 2100TT, 2030 Turbine, 560 PIC and one internal LOR. Sounds like they're making some "interesting" decisions on who to interview. My application still says "Under Consideration." Congrats to all...especially in this economy!!
Quote: Hey guys...this isn't a thread about unions...it's hopefully an informative thread about hiring and current classes at jetBlue. I respectfully ask that you keep on topic and take the union discussion to another thread. Thanks -

That being said...
It still looks like two training in classes in January (possibly up to around 30 pilots per class) and two interview sessions in January, which means there will be more training classes to follow. No further information's available right now.

Training has been great. 6 1/2 weeks in Orlando, hotel is paid for, uniforms are paid for. All of the instructors have been top notch. Good luck!
Wow! Hotel and uniforms paid for huh?

Are you talking about a hobby or a career here?

Meanwhile, the reality for career pilots; The comp and benefits are below industry average!

Vote Alpa!

JJ
7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  21  61  111 
Page 11 of 344
Go to