Omni Air

Subscribe
15  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  35  75  125 
Page 25 of 435
Go to
When are the guys at Omni thinking about going out? Don't want to interview if a walk out is in the immediate future.
Quote: Omni is "at will" employment. The first year you are on probation and can be terminated for anything, after that first year is up you can be terminated for everything.

Just ask Jimmy T, he is proven example of your statement !!!
Quote: When are the guys at Omni thinking about going out? Don't want to interview if a walk out is in the immediate future.
the mediation board has not even decided if there will be a cooling off period and then after that who knows what will happen
Quote: When are the guys at Omni thinking about going out? Don't want to interview if a walk out is in the immediate future.
Hopefully never! Its like building a house. A lot gets done in the last two weeks before closing.
Quote: Scheduled for IOE next week, five weeks out of sim.
What airplane are you on?
I'd just take the interview and see where you stand. If nothing else, you'll probably get put in the pool for a while. There's a good chance a lot of this would be hashed out while you're swimming. Nobody wants a strike here.
sofar no classes announced for the 75/767 past July
Quote: sofar no classes announced for the 75/767 past July
Does that imply that only DC10 and 777 slots would be available for newhires? What is the cause?
Quote: Does that imply that only DC10 and 777 slots would be available for newhires? What is the cause?
no DC10 classes -- a few new hires on the 777 -- back log on OE
for the 757/767 -- when that clears up more hiring --
I wouldn't bypass a interview based on that. Your likely to be in the pool until it is all resolved anyways, and worse case scenario, if your hired, you say thanks but no thanks when your offered a class date if your nervous about the current status of negotiations at that point. But, whatever you do, don't just not show up for training and not tell anyone because your not happy with where things are with the union at that point, there is always someone else that would have loved to have been in that spot. I'm not saying you would do something like that, just general advise to anyone.

With that said, do you have a interview schedule? From what I can tell there have not been interviews since March. I'm sure some people would get very excited if they heard that interviews have started again. If not, you might be putting the cart in front of the horse. From what I have read here there are several very qualified people that have been trying to get a interview for quite some time. Either way, good luck too you.
15  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  35  75  125 
Page 25 of 435
Go to