ASA / Expressjet merge pilot groups?

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  11 
Page 1 of 15
Go to
Any insight on whether the two pilot groups will be merged? Is there a guarantee the merge will take place or just a promise from management? After all, Skywest and ASA never merged, but then Skywest is non-union (whereas ASA & Express are both ALPA).

Also, I hear there might be a 'fence' put up between the two pilot groups. Any idea how long that fence will be in place if the two ever do merge?
Quote: Any insight on whether the two pilot groups will be merged? Is there a guarantee the merge will take place or just a promise from management? After all, Skywest and ASA never merged, but then Skywest is non-union (whereas ASA & Express are both ALPA).

Also, I hear there might be a 'fence' put up between the two pilot groups. Any idea how long that fence will be in place if the two ever do merge?
They will be merged. It was decided awhile ago. They are negotiating a JCBA right now.
if you get to work for us, you'll learn really fast that they don't tell the pilot group anything until it's after the fact.
ONE LIST!
ASA - SkyWest - ExpressJet
Quote:
ONE LIST!
ASA - SkyWest - ExpressJet
The expressjet pilot group shot that down months ago.
Can't shoot it down. skywest pilots must first vote for alpa. You can't force a workgroup to unionize.. So we wait...
Quote: Can't shoot it down. skywest pilots must first vote for alpa. You can't force a workgroup to unionize.. So we wait...
The xjt union could have done it but they shot it down. Waiting for skywest to unionize could take years.
Quote: The expressjet pilot group shot that down months ago.
Oh really? That's news to me.
Quote: The xjt union could have done it but they shot it down. Waiting for skywest to unionize could take years.
...and you apparently have no clue what you are talking about. We can't shoot something down that was never even proposed to us.

Let me ask you a question. Why would the XJT pilot group NOT want all three lists to be merged? So we can have a nice whipsaw party? Yeah....sign me up for that! I don't know of one single XJT pilot out there that wants two separate lists.
JCBA?

Any ideas on how the 'fence' works?
1  2  3  4  5  11 
Page 1 of 15
Go to