Skywest

Subscribe
251  651  701  741  747  748  749  750  751  752  753  754  755  761  801  851  1251 
Page 751 of 1519
Go to
Thanks! Anybody know of kcos reserve time?
Quote: Thanks! Anybody know of kcos reserve time?
Guys from the June class were holding composite lines in October.
Anyone look at our new reserve rules? Comments?
Quote: Anyone look at our new reserve rules? Comments?
I can barely understand the existing rules, let alone the new ones. Anyone got a Cliff Notes version?
Have to bid days off in PBS (it builds your reserveine based on "coverage days"). But we can swap reserve days in sked+, proffer for what trips we want or type of trip, long hotel for TDY... Normal senority while
On TDY, last day of reserve "commuter relief",... I don't think bidding in PBS will be as bad as it sounds... But will see..
Where can I find these 'new' reserve rules?
Reserve proposals are on the sapa web site.

I gotta say PBS bidding for days off on reserve makes me pretty nervous. The others are nice changes. Having the ability to choose between PBS for a line and a hard line (RSV) is IMO a good thing.
I thought this was interesting. Majors are growing but not at a tremendous rate despite record profits. Biggest U.S. Airlines Are Profitable?And Reluctant To Add Capacity | Commercial Aviation content from Aviation Week
Quote: The ability to bid trips seems cool, PBS days off will be a mistake. The rest of the rules seem really wish-washy. So....pretty much we traded the ability to swap days and proffering for PBS days off?
The PBS bidding isn't a done deal, it is still in proposal development purgatory, but it has been a disaster for junior FAs, although FAs are clueless in general when it comes to bidding, soo...

Most of the rest of the rules have the standard "as staffing permits" loopholes so you can bet your butt that they'll get bent/ignored according to standard methods. Proffering would be nice, but that is also still stuck in purgatory, so basically PM and LC reserves get done early on their last day if they haven't been used. Yay.
Quote: I can barely understand the existing rules, let alone the new ones. Anyone got a Cliff Notes version?
They are called FAR117, read it, know it, live it! Remember SGU will not agree to ANYTHING unless they solely benefit. If you remember this template you will not be suprised. Example: You call SS and ask for a day of vacation, if there is a snowballs chance of you being needed, denied, if there are 25 reserves and its 2355, they will "give" you the day off in exchange for 3.75hrs of user time. See how it works....
251  651  701  741  747  748  749  750  751  752  753  754  755  761  801  851  1251 
Page 751 of 1519
Go to