NJA vs FDX

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 4 of 4
Go to
If you are asking the question, you already know the answer
Auger In (and others),

Thank you for providing all the great information. Like many others, I thought NJA would be an adequate career, buy as the company declines, pessimism increases and uncertainty abounds, sadly this isn't the place it one was.

Unfortunately I don't know any current FedEx pilots, but there is no time like the present to start finding alternatives and start the application process.

Good luck to all!

10SM CLR
If you have enough seniority at FDX, can you bid day trips only or early nights?
After about a year I could hold day trips in my home town, so I stayed senior in the junior seat for 4 years. The airplane switched but I could still hold day trips in my home town about 50% of the time, assuming I wanted to. So yes, seniority means everything. Much more so here then anywhere else, we have by far the largest variety of flying. If you are senior you can actually fly less, get paid more, while sitting at home.
Quote: Auger In (and others),

Thank you for providing all the great information. Like many others, I thought NJA would be an adequate career, buy as the company declines, pessimism increases and uncertainty abounds, sadly this isn't the place it one was.

Unfortunately I don't know any current FedEx pilots, but there is no time like the present to start finding alternatives and start the application process.

Good luck to all!

10SM CLR
I think I see a trend starting to form... At first I figured it would only be junior SIC's bailing.. But as I read more and more it looks like the exodus will include many Captains also..

Hope you all find a bit easier time finding employment than many of the original furloughs. Unfortunately many many furloughees had just as much, if not more, experience than some still at NJA. Unless this job market turns dramatically for the better, there may be alot of people trying, but not many able to leave yet.....
1  2  3  4 
Page 4 of 4
Go to