FedEx 767, more traction...

Subscribe
2  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16 
Page 12 of 16
Go to
Quote: Many years ago when PanAm got the very first 747's, the Captains wanted Admiral stripes (2 inch wide?) ... no kidding
But come on. the Pan Am uniforms were Classy.

That was the day when an Airline Captain was respected.

Today, in the eyes of the Public, we are more like Ralph Cramden.
Quote: That was the day when an Airline Captain was respected.

Today, in the eyes of the Public, we are more like Ralph Cramden.
You're lumping us in w/ the actual "Airline Pilots"..... in the eyes of the Public we're still waiting for our big break so we can move up to flying pax.
Quote: You're lumping us in w/ the actual "Airline Pilots"..... in the eyes of the Public we're still waiting for our big break so we can move up to flying pax.
I hear ya. I guess I'll be waiting a long time to fly for a REAL airline.
Quote: Well that will be fine if we are in Section 6 negotiations.

Absent that why fight for a Payrate for an aircraft that hasn't even showed up yet, ALA the A-380.

Our guys did did a pretty good job last time getting the A-380 rate.

A lot of good that did us.
I think our 777 payrate debacle would answer that question. We didn't have a payscale for the 777, until after it showed up. Some didn't bid it, because of that.

But, you guys are right. I don't know what I was thinking. I forgot our battle cry. And of course, as a widebody Capt, I should be perfectly happy with the widebody/narrowbody system we have.
New nickname
Quote: I think our 777 payrate debacle would answer that question. We didn't have a payscale for the 777, until after it showed up. Some didn't bid it, because of that.

But, you guys are right. I don't know what I was thinking. I forgot our battle cry. And of course, as a widebody Capt, I should be perfectly happy with the widebody/narrowbody system we have.
I just heard from one of the 777 guys that they refer to it as "the tool box",...LMAO!!
fbh
But even the 777 line guys aren't good enough to fly pandas. Another one coming up at the end of the month, Chengdu-Edinburgh, Scotland. Three guesses?
Quote: I just heard from one of the 777 guys that they refer to it as "the tool box",...LMAO!!
fbh
Perfect! Thats funny.
Quote: But even the 777 line guys aren't good enough to fly pandas. Another one coming up at the end of the month, Chengdu-Edinburgh, Scotland. Three guesses?
It will be the "A" team or the frontline guys or whomever we use to push the ball over the goal line. You know, those Haiti guys!
Good rumor of a possible separate bid for the 767 in April?

Will be interesting to see if we hear more about that after BOD meeting on 05DEC.
2  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16 
Page 12 of 16
Go to