Avanti down in FNT

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 7
Go to
Quote: Glad everyone is ok! Did any body else catch that they landed on 18 instead of 27? The winds where out of the west making 18 a direct crosswind of 18knt... Seems like 27 would have been better.
The pilots also mentioned something about a gyro problem - they seemed to want some help from the controller ("are we on base to 27?"), and instead of answering the question she just cleared them for any runway. Obviously I'm sitting in the cheap seats, but my first reaction is that it would have been nice if the controller gave them a little help towards 27 instead of wiping her hands clean of it and clearing them for any runway.
Quote: Good job by the crew...no pictures yet huh?
It seems like whenever a plane crashes, someone on APC compliments the crew. No information, cause, nothing. Just "Good job by the crew."
No matter how much (if at all) the crew screwed up, there were no fatalities. I think that is where the "good job" comes in.
Quote: It seems like whenever a plane crashes, someone on APC compliments the crew. No information, cause, nothing. Just "Good job by the crew."
Sounds like a Catch-22.

If a crew stalls a perfectly flying airplane and kills everyone on board youbcan't say anything bad because "you weren't there" and you are Monday morning quarterbacking.

But if a crew has an in-flight emergency (single engine in this case from the reports) and gets it on the ground (with a stiff x-wind according to one poster(?)) and everyone lives then you can't say good job?

Just proof positive that you can't make everybody happy.

I say - glad no one was killed.
Now let the NTSB figured out the 'goods and others' of the mishap.

USMCFLYR
Quote: It seems like whenever a plane crashes, someone on APC compliments the crew. No information, cause, nothing. Just "Good job by the crew."
Akasha........that is what any incompetent pilot would say....."Good job for crashing a $7,000,000 plane and not killing anyone!" I have had 2 "engine out" landings in twins. One was with a total electrical failure as well. They were simple, single-pilot, and uneventful.

In any emergency.......Rule #1.....FLY THE PLANE.......not CRASH THE PLANE AND PAT YOURSELF ON THE BACK BECAUSE NONE OF THE PASSENGERS WERE KILLED!

Landing on the wrong runway, touching down way too fast and halfway down the runway.....unbelievable and unprofessional.

Poor maintenance, poor aircraft design, pathetic piloting.....pick one you like. None of the above make Avantair look good.
It's time for the Faa to finally step up and take some action before someone does get killed!

What does it takes for the Faa to act, accidents ?

How many Engine failures, ADC failures, Frozen controls?
Quote: Akasha........that is what any incompetent pilot would say....."Good job for crashing a $7,000,000 plane and not killing anyone!" I have had 2 "engine out" landings in twins. One was with a total electrical failure as well. They were simple, single-pilot, and uneventful.

In any emergency.......Rule #1.....FLY THE PLANE.......not CRASH THE PLANE AND PAT YOURSELF ON THE BACK BECAUSE NONE OF THE PASSENGERS WERE KILLED!

Landing on the wrong runway, touching down way too fast and halfway down the runway.....unbelievable and unprofessional.

Poor maintenance, poor aircraft design, pathetic piloting.....pick one you like. None of the above make Avantair look good.
Wowee wow! Crash just happened and your the soothsayer of the actual facts? You the man!!
You sound like "one of those pilots." You are not allowed to fly with me.

The company has asked everyone to be quiet for now about the crash at Avantair. Company stock dropped 15% in 1 day on news of the crash.
Quote: It's time for the Faa to finally step up and take some action before someone does get killed!

What does it takes for the Faa to act, accidents ?

How many Engine failures, ADC failures, Frozen controls?

He's back...
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 7
Go to