CommutAir Rumors and Info

Subscribe
39  439  489  529  535  536  537  538  539  540  541 
Page 539 of 541
Go to
Rumor: we're finally out of the C130 hard stands at EWR. Don't know if temporary or permanent, but good news for crews and pax in any case.
Quote: Rumor: we're finally out of the C130 hard stands at EWR. Don't know if temporary or permanent, but good news for crews and pax in any case.

Not exactly all good news... Had to sit in Lindy for almost an hour last night waiting for a gate to open up. It also happened to be go home leg.
Quote: Not exactly all good news... Had to sit in Lindy for almost an hour last night waiting for a gate to open up. It also happened to be go home leg.
I sat there once on the last trip as well, but I'd rather sit there making money than pull into the hardstands and deal with the filthy Global Touch bus to get to the terminal.
Quote: Well our XJT brothers and sisters just got a contract done. Curious to see what they get since they will by far most comparable to what we should get than anyone else. They already get an override bonus for a quarter. The impatience is growing and we are getting further left behind.
Not entirely true. The AIP details were suppose to come out, them they announced a few days later that management has backed out due to the coronavirus. So we don't have anything yet.
New hires for next class called and told class cancelled, we’ll be in touch
Quote: New hires for next class called and told class cancelled, we’ll be in touch
what about ones in schoolhouse? They didn’t get the boot, did they?
I’d like to see the union try to negotiate some protections for us in this thing like everyone else seems to be securing. Since they apparently have all the leverage (their claim) it should be pretty easy and benefit both company balance sheet and our work group...

My bet is April’s schedule was absolutely decimated.
Quote: what about ones in schoolhouse? They didn’t get the boot, did they?
we have not yet, we hope it will not happen but everything is uncertain
Quote: I’d like to see the union try to negotiate some protections for us in this thing like everyone else seems to be securing. Since they apparently have all the leverage (their claim) it should be pretty easy and benefit both company balance sheet and our work group...

My bet is April’s schedule was absolutely decimated.

Whatever leverage we had disappeared the moment UAL canceled half their flights. I know the MEC spent all day today in CLE trying to figure this out. The company still needs pilots. The question is how many. The union will try to save as many jobs as possible and keep pay up as possible. The company will try to save cash as that is their life line. I have never seen a bloodbath like the current crisis before, and I lost my job in the last one. If anyone says they know what is going to happen in the next 1-6 months they are blowing smoke. Hang on because this roller coaster of a ride is just starting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Quote: Whatever leverage we had disappeared the moment UAL canceled half their flights. I know the MEC spent all day today in CLE trying to figure this out. The company still needs pilots. The question is how many. The union will try to save as many jobs as possible and keep pay up as possible. The company will try to save cash as that is their life line. I have never seen a bloodbath like the current crisis before, and I lost my job in the last one. If anyone says they know what is going to happen in the next 1-6 months they are blowing smoke. Hang on because this roller coaster of a ride is just starting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
i think it will snap back as soon as it’s off the news in 3 weeks and people will travel like never before to recoup those meetings they lost.
39  439  489  529  535  536  537  538  539  540  541 
Page 539 of 541
Go to