Best ANR headset for 737-800

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 5
Go to
I need a new headset for the 737 800; just wondering what most people use to help endure some of the cockpit noise. Sennheiser, Telex, Clarity Aloft??

Thanks!
Been using Sennheiser and have no complaints!

Lifter
Never seen anyone use ANR in a 737.
I've been using the Bose A20s in 400s and NGs. Might be overkill in an 800 though. Its pretty weird in that when you activate the headset, it gets so quiet it feels like your ears are plugged and you instinctively try to pop your ears. I fly with it off on the 800 but use it on the 400s and 700s.
Quote: Might be overkill in an 800 though. I fly with it off on the 800 but use it on the 400s and 700s.
Interesting. Is there actually that much of a difference in cockpit noise between them?
Quote: Interesting. Is there actually that much of a difference in cockpit noise between them?

The 700 is deifinitely louder overall. I think its more the pac/recirc fan noise. The newer 800s & 900s seem to be a tad quieter. Ymmv.
Quote: I need a new headset for the 737 800; just wondering what most people use to help endure some of the cockpit noise. Sennheiser, Telex, Clarity Aloft??

Thanks!
I think the Telex 850 is great.
Keep it below 300 KIAS and it ain't so loud.
Quote: Interesting. Is there actually that much of a difference in cockpit noise between them?
Yeah, its because they put some little vortex generators just below the windscreen on the -800s. Makes a huge difference.
UflyMike & Bose QC15. Upgraded from Telex 850's, massive improvement.
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 5
Go to