Silver Airways

Subscribe
129  529  579  619  625  626  627  628  629  630  631  632  633  639  679 
Page 629 of 683
Go to
Anybody know what the latest upgrade time is and generally how things are going?
From what I've heard updrade now is at around 1.5 year. Rumor is they want new Atr's and are actively pursuing a deal but is all talk right now until something becomes official so take it for what is worth. All Florida and Bahamas flying mostly day trips. 3 Florida bases fll, mco, and tpa I believe mco is the most junior but could be wrong. Currently the union and management are in contract talks.
Thank you sir!
Anyone know what a typical schedule is like for silver. If they are mostly day trips are you working 6 days a week or something crazy like that? also I'm thinking of making the jump from another regional that i currently commute for. Silver would mean no commuting but its a $6 cut hourly. Thoughts?
From talking to some guys I believe the schedulles are something like 4 on and 2 off sometimes 3 off. All depends on seniority which will determine the pairings you get. Out of mco there are some 4 day trips with overnights that from what I've heard are commutable. If you live in mco or tpa you can pobably hold those bases right out off training now, fll might take some months not exactly sure how long. Again many people at Silver live in base and they like the fact that they don't commute and get to be home almost every night. As far as is it worth it to come to Silver I guess is a personal decision you'll have to make. Will you be living in base? Are you ok with flying a turboprop? Pay may improve in the next couple of months once a new ta is reached, but I don't know the exact timeline for that.
Quote: From talking to some guys I believe the schedulles are something like 4 on and 2 off sometimes 3 off. All depends on seniority which will determine the pairings you get. Out of mco there are some 4 day trips with overnights that from what I've heard are commutable. If you live in mco or tpa you can pobably hold those bases right out off training now, fll might take some months not exactly sure how long. Again many people at Silver live in base and they like the fact that they don't commute and get to be home almost every night. As far as is it worth it to come to Silver I guess is a personal decision you'll have to make. Will you be living in base? Are you ok with flying a turboprop? Pay may improve in the next couple of months once a new ta is reached, but I don't know the exact timeline for that.
Does anyone have any info on what's being purposed in the new TA. Also, new aircraft? going to a turbo prop doesn't really matter if I'll be home most nights. Flying is flying.
Well if it's mostly day trips must be hard to make per diem if you're out less than 9hrs! Glad I'm not working there now!
Quote: Does anyone have any info on what's being purposed in the new TA. Also, new aircraft? going to a turbo prop doesn't really matter if I'll be home most nights. Flying is flying.
The Union still working with the TA hopefully we get news anytime soon. Rumors still very strong about getting ATR-600 but there is no announcement made yet. Pilot group is awesome and most of the trips are between 2 days to 4 days depending the base. MCO and TPA has more overnights than FLL. Overnights are in EYW, PBI, FLL, TPA that's for the MCO pilots. Upgrade is about 15 months for people with 0 121 time and with previous 121 about 5-8 months.
Let's hope they get ATRs with air conditioning. I don't think ANY of the Saabs are equipped with it, which for a Florida airline, is kind of an Ooops.
Quote: Let's hope they get ATRs with air conditioning. I don't think ANY of the Saabs are equipped with it, which for a Florida airline, is kind of an Ooops.

They had the supplemental air in the back when it wasn't MELd, but that didn't do jack for ya in the cockpit. Swedish sauna. Definitely not built for comfort in the heat.
129  529  579  619  625  626  627  628  629  630  631  632  633  639  679 
Page 629 of 683
Go to