Cargo Cut-out

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 3 of 7
Go to
Quote: First, believe it or not, we aren't the only cargo airline out there. All the others with lesser contracts got screwed with this.
jokes aside...

This is a very big deal. Besides the unethical thinking that cargo carriers can fly to government admitted unsafe FAR limits, it hurts every cargo pilot group.

Cargo carriers that fly more safely do so at a higher cost and may, one day, not be competitive.
Take action, sign the petition: https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petition...-rest/1LB3x9Nd
Quote: I've read most of it (granted at a very fast pace and did not get all the details). This is what I can tell you - with the exception of the extension to 16 hours during an "Operational Emergency" the new rules look a lot like our current contract! And, the 3 on 3 off is not a player if you have the opportunity to get 2 hours rest between duty periods - so it would not change our week of hub turning.

Standard disclaimer - I am not a lawyer or expert on interpreting the FAR's but I have slept at a Holiday Inn before
How do you get 2 hrs between duty periods? Not many city pairs have 3+30
from block in to block out on the night hub turns. I think it would be hard to make that work.
Quote: jokes aside...

This is a very big deal. Besides the unethical thinking that cargo carriers can fly to government admitted unsafe FAR limits, it hurts every cargo pilot group.

Cargo carriers that fly more safely do so at a higher cost and may, one day, not be competitive.
Exactly, those with good contracts probably won't be affect too much by the regs. Those with no contract or poor contracts will get hosed. I am still baffled as why I can go to Mexico and poof no more duty time limits. MR. FAA can you explain how the F is that safe? How am I safe after being on duty for over 24 hours? Oh yeah that's right, you said if I crash it is only likely to be property damage. Excusme me I can't still take out a city block or more if I crash off airport due to fatigue...
Quote: How do you get 2 hrs between duty periods? Not many city pairs have 3+30
from block in to block out on the night hub turns. I think it would be hard to make that work.
I guess I'm flying the wrong trips - most of mine do

Most hub turn times are done to shorten the amount of time the outlying stations are manned. I think it would only take minor schedule adjustments to make the 3+30 for all hub turns.

Or, we could could just work 3 nights and then get a day off and work 3 more - NOT
Quote: I guess I'm flying the wrong trips - most of mine do

Most hub turn times are done to shorten the amount of time the outlying stations are manned. I think it would only take minor schedule adjustments to make the 3+30 for all hub turns.

Or, we could could just work 3 nights and then get a day off and work 3 more - NOT
The station dept times are based on package service and flow to MEM. I'd prefer a shorter night as opposed to a longer night with 2 hrs off in mem.

NOT in favor of 3 nights on and a night off!!
Quote: jokes aside...

Hold it right there Gunter...Jungle says it is not a big deal and that any effort to fight this is folly. And he is so darned clever.
Just saw that the FAA estimates the carve out would cost freight carriers $200 millon over the next 10 yrs. $20 million per year across the entire industry.

FedEx and UPS net profits in the last year? $5.0 billion.

$20M/$5B = 0.4%
Update on the cargo cut out; Fight Brewing Over FAA Fatigue Rules
How many more pilots would be required anyways? From what I understand the numbers required get waaaay overstated when companies petition congress.
1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 3 of 7
Go to