Tool of the day

Subscribe
154  654  1054  1104  1144  1150  1151  1152  1153  1154  1155  1156  1157  1158  1164  1204 
Page 1154 of 1239
Go to
I saw a great one the other day leaving the airport. Pilot was driving his BMW with the windows down blaring music and still wearing his hat, raybans and blazer.
Quote: I call random people Doctor.

I worked for a while in Brazil (in a different industry) and the custom there is that anyone with a bachelor's degree can be called "doctor" vs someone with a *doctorate*. Personally I think calling a PHd "Doctor" outside of a formal academic setting is kinda silly, so it was really jarring to have guys with a BS addressing each other as "doctor". As long as they smile a little when they say: "hey, $**thead", I'm good.
Quote: I worked for a while in Brazil (in a different industry) and the custom there is that anyone with a bachelor's degree can be called "doctor" vs someone with a *doctorate*. Personally I think calling a PHd "Doctor" outside of a formal academic setting is kinda silly, so it was really jarring to have guys with a BS addressing each other as "doctor". As long as they smile a little when they say: "hey, $**thead", I'm good.
In Mexico, anyone with a BS/BA is referred to as Lic. instead of Mr. or Ms. (License). Except Engineers are referred to as Eng. All doctorates (PhD or MD) are referred to as Doctor.
Quote: In Mexico, anyone with a BS/BA is referred to as Lic.

Interesting. So, how is that pronounced? lick ????
I actually have a PhD... A Pretty Huge __
Quote: I actually have a PhD... A Pretty Huge __
...debt? That's hardly unique in this industry
F/Os, in the Subcontinent, are addressed as “Captain”. Anyway what’s in a title unless it gets you free eats and grog?
Join the Navy if you want to be called Captain.
Quote: Join the Navy if you want to be called Captain.
Speaking of which. DH’ing on a major airlines 737 today. The Captain says that the FO is a retired USMC Lt Colonel during his announcement. Then on descent, mentions that the runway is short, and as a former Air Force fighter pilot, isn’t accustomed, but not to worry as the FO can land on aircraft on carriers. Seriously.
Quote: Speaking of which. DH’ing on a major airlines 737 today. The Captain says that the FO is a retired USMC Lt Colonel during his announcement. Then on descent, mentions that the runway is short, and as a former Air Force fighter pilot, isn’t accustomed, but not to worry as the FO can land on aircraft on carriers. Seriously.
I dig it but a joke like that could definitely go wrong with the public.

Reminds me of recently when we had a CA with a deferred APU make an announcement about why we're starting an engine with the door open and why it's gonna be hot, and explained about the "little 3rd engine" etc. and a pax deboarded because we didn't have all the engines working. Oops!
154  654  1054  1104  1144  1150  1151  1152  1153  1154  1155  1156  1157  1158  1164  1204 
Page 1154 of 1239
Go to