Tool of the day

Subscribe
157  657  1057  1107  1147  1153  1154  1155  1156  1157  1158  1159  1160  1161  1167  1207 
Page 1157 of 1239
Go to
Quote: Aren't you the cranky old man. "You kids get OFF MY LAWN!"
Busted...........
Quote: I saw a great one the other day leaving the airport. Pilot was driving his BMW with the windows down blaring music and still wearing his hat, raybans and blazer.
So I guess zooming out of the parking lot in my convertable wearing my leather flying jacket is likewise un-cool? Nah, can't be. A pilot zooming around in a convertible wearing a leather jacket is pretty close to defining cool.

I can see the blaring music part as being tool-ish though. That jerk would be mortally offended if I stuffed a set of speakers turned up to 11 playing mozart or beethoven next to him, not sure why he thinks anyone wants to hear the garbage he listens to. And by definition, anything playing on anyone else's radio is garbage
Quote: The real tool is the pilot that doesn’t tell the other one that there’s no need to meet in the planning area/operations unless they’d like to because he/she would like to go straight to the gate.
Meeting... in the ops area... Yea. Hmm. Riiiiight. You talking ETOPS or... nevermind I've got a walkaround to do and a couple dozen buttons to push while the CA reads the MEL, be happy if I remember to grab a new garbage bag. I think most captains I've flown with are happiest if I get there early enough that it's not awkward for them to hang back to make sure my roller bag is the one on the bottom haha.
Quote: Obviously M5000's comment was based on a situation where it's normal to meet in ops. (Whether it's normal for that airline, or because it's international, or whatever.) In that case, one guy leaving the other sitting on his thumb, in the dark, does not follow the golden rule.
shush you.
Well, I would like to nominate this guy Donald John Trump for saying pilots are too stupid and that's why planes have been crashing.
Quote: Well, I would like to nominate this guy Donald John Trump for saying pilots are too stupid and that's why planes have been crashing.
Concur

Filler...
Quote: Concur

Filler...
This thread is TOTD for aviation not Tool of the History of Mankind.
Read the tweet VERY carefully. The first part is sarcastic. I think Trump is saying he wants real pilots, not computers and seat meat.
Quote: Read the tweet VERY carefully. The first part is sarcastic. I think Trump is saying he wants real pilots, not computers and seat meat.
lol, you are right. He is saying that good pilots, not more automation, is needed.

Trump just trolled a bunch of snowflakes.
Make Aviation Great Again
157  657  1057  1107  1147  1153  1154  1155  1156  1157  1158  1159  1160  1161  1167  1207 
Page 1157 of 1239
Go to