Tool of the day

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  12  52  102  502  1002 
Page 2 of 1239
Go to
The captain calling "positive rate" just as the nose is coming off the ground. The WHOLE aircraft needs to be in a positive rate to call gear up, otherwise it's a lot of unnecessary paperwork.
Subscribing to my new favorite thread! Keep it going!
My "tool of the day" moment ... not noticing the generator hadn't picked up until after the switch was flipped on the APU.
Anyone who attempts to begin a serious conversation with the use of the phrase "I read this on flightinfo...."
Quote: It is actually *required per the cpz manual. Anyway it isn't as common as it used to be before the sale to TSH. Every airline has tools, mainline brands included. I'm sure you had the balls to tell him that you thought his PA was cheesy.
I don't think the PA from the galley is the issue.

The whole "allowing the FO to fly and having a enough time he can be captain blah, blah, blah..." is what I think he takes issue with. The whole "enough time" thing, if it actually happened (which I doubt), is stupid as everyone here is PIC typed and likely has more than enough experience to be captain.

I'll make the PA wherever the company pays me to make the PA from (luckily one of the perks as an FO is not having to do PA's unless told to by the CA).
Quote: Personally, I enjoy the captain informing all of us which STAR we are filed for.

[please note the sarcasm]
STAR's, runway numbers, speed in knots, saying acronyms like MEL or EDCT without explaining what it means... I'm trying to think of all of the ones I've heard...
Flew with a Captain at my prior Regional airline, whom married a flight attendant, and wore his Captain uniform to the wedding. (Similar to someone wearing their "Military Dress uniform" instead of a tux.)

En route he used to brag about being able to teach someone Morse code in less than 20 minutes, and giving the reason why spiders' legs curled their bodies when they died. (Answer - Spider has an eight ventricle heart, one for each leg, and when they died, their legs each curled around its body.)

GJ
The TSA clowns at JFK who eyeball your ID a few times, look at your face a few times, then ask your name.
Completely oversold day out of MIA...literally scores of bumped pax, and one loud LGA pax yells at the gate agent.."I deserve to get a first class upgrade for having to wade through all these people!!"

You sir, have my vote for special tool of the day.
Quote: Completely oversold day out of MIA...literally scores of bumped pax, and one loud LGA pax yells at the gate agent.."I deserve to get a first class upgrade for having to wade through all these people!!"

You sir, have my vote for special tool of the day.
Yup, gotta love the entitlement mentality many passengers display on a regular basis.
1  2  3  4  5  6  12  52  102  502  1002 
Page 2 of 1239
Go to