Tool of the day

Subscribe
352  402  442  448  449  450  451  452  453  454  455  456  462  502  552  952 
Page 452 of 1239
Go to
Quote: Oh man. For every 1000 of us, there's always one. What a goon.
I flew with this guy about 10 years back. He was a little eccentric, but enjoyable to fly with. I read his "article" and kept thinking it was a spoof (albeit a poor one.)

Really hoping that was a joke
Quote: I flew with this guy about 10 years back. He was a little eccentric, but enjoyable to fly with. I read his "article" and kept thinking it was a spoof (albeit a poor one.)

I think it's pretty clearly tongue-in-cheek. It's dripping with sarcasm, so I'd give the guy a break.
Quote: I flew with this guy about 10 years back. He was a little eccentric, but enjoyable to fly with. I read his "article" and kept thinking it was a spoof (albeit a poor one.)

The picture alone qualifies for tooldom.
NEVER flown with more than 1 pants. Except for that IOE incident, never had a pants failure.

I DO have a paper checklist of "stuff" I need for a trip. Pretty sad, but my more senior brain cells are starting to fail.

- Company ID
- Wallet
- iPad
- Passport

etc. I even have emergency cash in my headset pouch. Enough for a steak and a beer on a layover.
..."spectacles, testicles, wallet and watch" was the first thing that came to mind when I read your post.

btw, you use a paper checklist? I have mine in my phone calendar! Nothing wrong with checklists!

Quote: NEVER flown with more than 1 pants. Except for that IOE incident, never had a pants failure.

I DO have a paper checklist of "stuff" I need for a trip. Pretty sad, but my more senior brain cells are starting to fail.

- Company ID
- Wallet
- iPad
- Passport

etc. I even have emergency cash in my headset pouch. Enough for a steak and a beer on a layover.
Yes, the amount of crap necessary to pull off a successful trip can be way too high, but creature comforts are important.

The company stuff alone is way too much. I've got a plotter, still new in wrap, that is 25 years old. Never used it, but it's apparently necessary for the safety of flight.
Quote: Glad to see I'm not the only one who checks their ID (and passport) numerous times both before leaving home as well as at airports/hotels.

My ex used to say that I looked like I was doing the Macarena when checking for the crap in front pockets, back pocket and around my neck. I was simply doing a verbal count--keys=1, passport=2...

I'll do it a couple of times in the hotel room before putting the baggage puzzle together, and then I'll do it again after the puzzle is complete.

The one time I didn't do it at home, I had done the 35 minute drive to the lot and rode the 15 minutes to the terminal to find out I had forgotten my ID.
Quote: Yes, the amount of crap necessary to pull off a successful trip can be way too high, but creature comforts are important.

The company stuff alone is way too much. I've got a plotter, still new in wrap, that is 25 years old. Never used it, but it's apparently necessary for the safety of flight.
It gives you a pretty good edge, painting around the house.
Quote: This cat...

The reality of dating an airline pilot | News.com.au
The article in question was written in response to a "real" dating blog:

Top 6 reasons you should date a pilot

The response is definitely a gag piece and and is subtle satire... even the paragraphs/topics perfectly match the dating blog. No toolishness detected. The latter, the "real" piece, is toolish in the extreme, but written by the girlfriend of a pilot.
Quote: My ex used to say that I looked like I was doing the Macarena when checking for the crap in front pockets, back pocket and around my neck. I was simply doing a verbal count--keys=1, passport=2...

I'll do it a couple of times in the hotel room before putting the baggage puzzle together, and then I'll do it again after the puzzle is complete.

The one time I didn't do it at home, I had done the 35 minute drive to the lot and rode the 15 minutes to the terminal to find out I had forgotten my ID.
"The Macarena," now that was hysterical and was a great visual!!

Quote: The article in question was written in response to a "real" dating blog:

Top 6 reasons you should date a pilot

The response is definitely a gag piece and and is subtle satire... even the paragraphs/topics perfectly match the dating blog. No toolishness detected. The latter, the "real" piece, is toolish in the extreme, but written by the girlfriend of a pilot.
I thought both articles were cute and contained lots of truth.
352  402  442  448  449  450  451  452  453  454  455  456  462  502  552  952 
Page 452 of 1239
Go to