Tool of the day

Subscribe
324  724  774  814  820  821  822  823  824  825  826  827  828  834  874  924 
Page 824 of 1239
Go to
I agree. I've flown with more than my share of fighter/attack bubbas. Almost all were above average sticks and great guys to work with. Perhaps it was because we had military service in common, but I like to think my experience with them was pretty much universal.

Just because you've "lucked" into one of the marginal personalities doesn't make the whole group bad. Military or civilian background both have their Debbie Downers. Grit you teeth, grin and bear it. Next month is right around the corner.
Quote: Not sure where you work or if you might be a little thin skinned, but after working at a major for over two decades with it's share of single seat bubbas', I don't have a clue what you're talking about.

An extreme example. Drinking post flight beers after day 2 of 4 with an older FO I'd never flown with. Turns out we mutually knew another good guy CA who was texting him the standard buddy insults when he saw we were flying together. He shows me the text string and I ask why our mutual friend kept calling him "General". He humbly replies, "well, err, I was one and just recalled after retiring off active duty in USAF (Guard to active)

He had also flown F16's/Vipers/Falcons/Lawn Dart or whatever you call that cool little thingy. He was also a 2 Star. He acted like any other co worker without the slightest hint of airs or arrogance.
I could also bring up a freight dog who wore epaulets.

Doesn't mean he was the norm.
Quote: The psa captain in the crew room in PHL this am going off on the janitors, literally screaming on the phone becuase the sink was clogged in the men's room. Settle down colonel.
Right side? Same clog that was there on Monday?
Quote: The psa captain in the crew room in PHL this am going off on the janitors, literally screaming on the phone becuase the sink was clogged in the men's room. Settle down colonel.
Reminds me of the pilot who went off on the ops. frequency gal for over blocking the flights in the winter because no gates were available for him. Everyone was arriving early because it was a nice clear day.

Or the ops guy that yelled at me for requesting a lav service be done too close to departure time.
When you're wholly owned, you don't have to take crAp from anyone. Especially from a clogged sink.
Quote: Right side? Same clog that was there on Monday?
Yup,he went off the on the most likely foreign person on the phone and belittled him becausw he couldn't understand him over his yelling
Quote:
What is going on here
Looks like the post was deleted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The original post was deleted, which I seen what it was but if you felt you we're in such danger, and the crew wasn't being safe why didn't you just stop by the flight deck on the ground in DSM and asked why the crew made the decision they made?
324  724  774  814  820  821  822  823  824  825  826  827  828  834  874  924 
Page 824 of 1239
Go to