Republic verses Express Jet????

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 5 of 5
Go to
Quote:
Will this affect hiring at the other certificates if/when the Republic guys get displaced?
Scuttlebutt says these 5 a/c will be replaced by new deliveries from Embraer.

I doubt there will be any displacements. Hiring will probably continue across all three "legacy" certificates.
Pretty sure those five are coming from F9 cert.
Quote: Pretty sure those five are coming from F9 cert.
F9 certificate only flies Airbusi. All the -190's are on the Republic YX certificate.
ACARS is nice, but being home with my kid is nicer. I really don't mind spinning the wheel, I've never known any different. I'd rather worry about important things. I'm hopefully when this CBA works its self out there will be very few new hires onto S5 and RW because those slots will go in seniority order to 145 FO's who can greatly enhance their QOL. Everyone should have to start at the very bottom and work their way up/
Quote: ACARS is nice, but being home with my kid is nicer. I really don't mind spinning the wheel, I've never known any different. I'd rather worry about important things. I'm hopefully when this CBA works its self out there will be very few new hires onto S5 and RW because those slots will go in seniority order to 145 FO's who can greatly enhance their QOL. Everyone should have to start at the very bottom and work their way up/
Great, just what we need another 9E fiasco. FO's swapping to other FO's seats just because the airplane is a little bigger and creating a **** load of training events. Working my way up consist of going from a regional to a major, not from an airplane at republic to another airplane at republic. Then again that's just my train of thought, call me crazy.
Quote: ACARS is nice, but being home with my kid is nicer. I really don't mind spinning the wheel, I've never known any different. I'd rather worry about important things. I'm hopefully when this CBA works its self out there will be very few new hires onto S5 and RW because those slots will go in seniority order to 145 FO's who can greatly enhance their QOL. Everyone should have to start at the very bottom and work their way up/
Everyone?

Thanks for the last sentence Slum, I COULD NOT AGREE WITH YOU MORE!
Okay, so I'm fairly new to reading through these threads and am confused what all this 9E, S5 talk is all about. I'm pretty sure they are companies or contracts or whatever. Can someone please clarify. I am a commercial pilot building flight time and potentially looking at regionals as the next move cause what else is there really at this stage in my career?
Quote: Okay, so I'm fairly new to reading through these threads and am confused what all this 9E, S5 talk is all about. I'm pretty sure they are companies or contracts or whatever. Can someone please clarify. I am a commercial pilot building flight time and potentially looking at regionals as the next move cause what else is there really at this stage in my career?
Every airline has a two digit identifier. 9E = Pinnacle, F9 = Frontier, S5 = Shuttle America, etc. The regionals are the most popular option after flight instructing, then probably freight/cargo. There is also ferry flying, ag, banner and pipeline patrol. Corporate flying is usually pretty hard to break into with less than 3k or 4k hours unless you know somebody. There are also foreign options such as Dynamic Aviation if you want to move out of the country. Good Luck to you.
I welcome another Junior person to ASA legacy.
Quote: Every airline has a two digit identifier. 9E = Pinnacle, F9 = Frontier, S5 = Shuttle America, etc. The regionals are the most popular option after flight instructing, then probably freight/cargo. There is also ferry flying, ag, banner and pipeline patrol. Corporate flying is usually pretty hard to break into with less than 3k or 4k hours unless you know somebody. There are also foreign options such as Dynamic Aviation if you want to move out of the country. Good Luck to you.
Thanks for the info. After I posted that I actually answered my own question and the identifiers. Its the IATA code i think. Saw it on APC. yeah debating between freight and regionals but the freight operators don't really pay any better than first year regionals and there is no commuting option. So i think regionals it is.
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 5 of 5
Go to