American and pilots reach tentative pact

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 3 of 7
Go to
Quote: This statement is disturbing. Industry standard? Companies who dont outsource 76 seats are:

SWA

AIRTRAN

UNITED

ALASKA

JETBLUE

SPIRIT

VA

What the hell are you basing "industry standard on"? US & Delta, thats all!
With the exception of United, who is about to have 76 seat jets, None of those companies have world wide networks and none of companies fly to places like Duluth, MN or AVP.
I will agree that it would be nice for all flying to be done by mainline, but American would not be any different to the airlines that are similar to it.

You cannot compare Low Cost Carriers to the Legacy airlines. If you don't like the fact that american and united will scope out 76 seat jets, go work for Jet Blue, the option is there for you. Im not bashing all i am saying is that its pretty obvious that american united and delta will be pretty similar going forward, and pay and benefits will be way better than the low cost carriers in the future.
Quote:
Quote: The company wanted 88 seats in the term sheet, and 79 in the TA. 76 is industry standard and a big win considering we're in BK.
go back to Eagle.
This statement is disturbing. Industry standard? Companies who dont outsource 76 seats are:

SWA

AIRTRAN

UNITED

ALASKA

JETBLUE

SPIRIT

VA

What the hell are you basing "industry standard on"? US & Delta, thats all!
With the exception of United who soon will also be at 76 seats, those carriers don't have high yield business passengers in South Bend, Baton Rouge, Augusta, etc that need a quick connection to get on a 777 to London.
Quote: The company wanted 88 seats in the term sheet, and 79 in the TA. 76 is industry standard and a big win considering we're in BK.
go back to Eagle.
Pack dirt. Will the pay rates even be close to Delta/United ?

Will codesharing allow them to outsource half our fleet to bigger jets than E175's ?

Did they promise us an Industry Standard contract and not to agree to anything less ?

Believe me, I'd LOVE to wrong, but I'm hearing its lipstick on the pig we rejected.
Quote: An AA/ US merger would create an exceptional company and a force to be reckoned with. They would be on par with delta and united. Plus, consolidation is good. It forces airfares higher, leading to higher profits, which leads to more pay for us.
You haven't been around this industry very long have you?
What is UA's limit?
Quote: What is UA's limit?
On current UA scope WRT #seats...UAL=70 seat RJ's, CAL=50 seat RJ's (larger turboprops allowed at CAL)
Highly likely though that our "top secret Agreement in Principle" might allow 76 seats.
AA PILOTS! I know it's fun to talk about the smaller jets. Please don't forget the very large code sharing stuff (I know you guys won't as you are the butt kickers among us). We need your strong leadership!

Your friendly neighborhood CAL pilot.
Quote: On current UA scope WRT #seats...UAL=70 seat RJ's, CAL=50 seat RJ's (larger turboprops allowed at CAL)
Highly likely though that our "top secret Agreement in Principle" might allow 76 seats.
And even a higher likelihood of my no vote.
Quote: Plus, consolidation is good. It forces airfares higher, leading to higher profits, which leads to more pay for us.
Quote: You haven't been around this industry very long have you?
Yeah, that silly texaspilot76. He must not have been around the last time the airline industry deregulated and took 30 years years to consolidate to a profitable environment...
Quote:
Quote: An AA/ US merger would create an exceptional company and a force to be reckoned with. They would be on par with delta and united. Plus, consolidation is good. It forces airfares higher, leading to higher profits, which leads to more pay for us.
You haven't been around this industry very long have you?
Have you been paying attention to the past couple years? He's spot on
1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 3 of 7
Go to