Air Wisconsin

Subscribe
25  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  45  85  135  535 
Page 35 of 676
Go to
Quote: Ah, okay. Hopefully something good will continue with it. I live in Frederick, MD and all 3 major airports (IAD, BWI, DCA) are all within an hour of my home. Air Wisconsin is on my radar as a future employer. Out of all the local regional domiciles they seem to be the best.
I lived off Rooks Ct. in Frederick when I was DCA based at Willy - wave to my apartment next time you drive by
Quote: I lived off Rooks Ct. in Frederick when I was DCA based at Willy - wave to my apartment next time you drive by
You're literally right around the corner from where I live. I live off Ballenger Creek Pike near Tuscaroora HS. I work at the Medimmune right down the road.

I'm doing my training at KFDK. Expensive... but local and convenient

Are you still living in Maryland or did you move to another base?

Were you working with Air Wisconsin at DCA? How was the commute? I'm sure GW PKWY was not fun.
I left AWAC Thanksgiving 2007 for my current job which is in the SDF area. The drive to DCA took me anywhere from 70-120 minutes depending on 270 traffic; wasn't bad doing it a couple times a week and I typically bid back-to-back 2/3 day trips with very early shows. GWP was about the easiest part of the trip, but I dunno if there is construction or anything going on there now.

Fred-neck was nice, but still a different world for a midwestern kid like myself; our apartment rent there was more than a hundred a month more than my mortgage.
Quote: I left AWAC Thanksgiving 2007 for my current job which is in the SDF area. The drive to DCA took me anywhere from 70-120 minutes depending on 270 traffic; wasn't bad doing it a couple times a week and I typically bid back-to-back 2/3 day trips with very early shows. GWP was about the easiest part of the trip, but I dunno if there is construction or anything going on there now.

Fred-neck was nice, but still a different world for a midwestern kid like myself; our apartment rent there was more than a hundred a month more than my mortgage.
I lived/grew up in Germantown and I worked in Rockville, Gaithersburg for many years. I then bought a house in Frederick and the 270 commute was the worst. I now have a job in Frederick and the commute is amazing.

I'm in hopes of applying to the Airlines by next year. BWI would be great because 70 isn't bad from Frederick. IAD wouldn't be too bad although Point of Rocks is pretty tough. DCA is the tough one because traffic is so unpredictable, although it is very predictable that you will probably need to leave 2 hours ahead of schedule.
I'm from the FDK area and am looking to get back to the area and be based there. It's awesome for a regional guy...take your pick of airlines hiring with junior bases at IAD to live in base. Not only that, good international flying for travel if that's your thing, and easy to get anywhere with lots of good options because of flight frequency from those 3 airports. Seems like a nobrainer. Too bad AWAC wasn't based at BWI or IAD. That DCA drive requires a Xanax prescription if you're not used to the drive and the traffic that can come with it. I wonder if metro does monthly parking passes at Shady Grove. Who knows, I'll cross that bridge in the next few months.
The 270/Beltway/GWP commute isn't bad at all when done early (ie. 6am or earlier show times).

0700-1000 show? Those suuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.
Quote: I'm from the FDK area and am looking to get back to the area and be based there. It's awesome for a regional guy...take your pick of airlines hiring with junior bases at IAD to live in base. Not only that, good international flying for travel if that's your thing, and easy to get anywhere with lots of good options because of flight frequency from those 3 airports. Seems like a nobrainer. Too bad AWAC wasn't based at BWI or IAD. That DCA drive requires a Xanax prescription if you're not used to the drive and the traffic that can come with it. I wonder if metro does monthly parking passes at Shady Grove. Who knows, I'll cross that bridge in the next few months.
They do, however, it is not cheap. The MARC train also runs out of Frederick. I'd look into that as well.

Quote: The 270/Beltway/GWP commute isn't bad at all when done early (ie. 6am or earlier show times).

0700-1000 show? Those suuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.
It's been awhile since you've lived here. When I started the Frederick to Rockville commute in 2006 at 6am it wasn't bad. Last year while commuting at 5am the traffic was bumper to bumper at times.

I'm in hopes to get a job out of IAD because flying international would be nice. I'm still fortunate to be so close to three major airports. Air Wisconsin does seem like a solid regional with its stuff together. I think I would suck it up at Reagan to work for them.
Air Wisconsin
What are the trending junior bases right now? I'd love to interview, but I would like to start at DCA, or at least get there quick.
Quote: What are the trending junior bases right now? I'd love to interview, but I would like to start at DCA, or at least get there quick.
You could probably get it out of training. They are hiring
Quote: You could probably get it out of training. They are hiring

That's what I like to hear! Is that the consensus?
25  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  45  85  135  535 
Page 35 of 676
Go to