Virgin America Latest and Greatest

Subscribe
102  152  192  198  199  200  201  202  203  204  205  206  212  252 
Page 202 of 294
Go to
VX Ground School
How long is VX ground school, and the sims?
Quote: How long is VX ground school, and the sims?
Ground school is six weeks. Two weeks of indoc, two weeks of MFTDs/systems, and two weeks of Sims.
Quote: On property but not flying the line. And I only see 2 of the 5 deliveries so far. N286VA and N362VA are in Miami, at least according to flightaware.com I think it's a good month+ long process at minimum to fit seats/IFE/etc so they are still there. N286VA landed MIA on Feb 3rd and N362VA on Feb 20th.
I was in Miami on Thursday and can bear witness to the fact that a certain N362VA is, indeed, on property and looking good.
Quote: had a friend interview yesterday, here are few pieces of info he had:
-10 guys at the interview (only 2 even looked under 30yo and not all west coast guys)
-told they are still in the middle of hiring the 100 that was announced, probably a pause of hiring during the summer and then start up again in the fall.
- 3 of the 5 airplanes coming in 2016 are on property.
- they have no plans to get rid of 319s
- interview was like all the gouge out there, no sim ,no technical Qs, they just want to get to know you and see if you are a fit and lots of time for questions from the interviewees.
-most laid back interview he ever went to
VX was the best interview that I had.... even though got TBNT
I received a word document pilot questionnaire in my email shortly after meeting with VA at the WAI conference. Is this a good sign or does everyone get that?
Quote: I received a word document pilot questionnaire in my email shortly after meeting with VA at the WAI conference. Is this a good sign or does everyone get that?
It's good news, you must have done well on the assessment and impressed the recruiters.
Thanks fly. Trying not to get my hopes up too high but I would be thrilled to fly with you guys. Have a great day!
Quote: It's good news, you must have done well on the assessment and impressed the recruiters.
Is there a waiting list of JFK guys trying to get back to the West coast?
Quote: Is there a waiting list of JFK guys trying to get back to the West coast?
Not really. Because of the upgrades and newhires, if you don't get it off the bat you will get it in the second time when there is a newhire class below you. Last class had a bunch of people that actually wanted New York and they got it.
Quote: I received a word document pilot questionnaire in my email shortly after meeting with VA at the WAI conference. Is this a good sign or does everyone get that?

Same thing happened to me. 20 minutes after leaving the booth.
102  152  192  198  199  200  201  202  203  204  205  206  212  252 
Page 202 of 294
Go to