Bottom of Delta or bottom of SWA

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 
Page 5 of 14
Go to
Quote: Neither. Go somewhere exotic like Hawaiian.
Who will probably be Delta at some point. That's why this "career" is a crap shoot.

Just for the record, I had offers from SWA, FEDEX and DAL. This was 2000. I chose DAL. I'm very happy. I flew internationally for 20 years in the USAF and I enjoy the domestic at DAL. With young kids at home, I don't want the long trips any more. Just my 2 cents.
Quote: Who will probably be Delta at some point. That's why this "career" is a crap shoot.

Just for the record, I had offers from SWA, FEDEX and DAL. This was 2000. I chose DAL. I'm very happy. I flew internationally for 20 years in the USAF and I enjoy the domestic at DAL. With young kids at home, (and a hot wife), I don't want the long trips any more. Just my 2 cents.
Fixed it for you Buzz.

Carl
If you like to be high, fast, land long and use the maximum stopping abilities of the aircraft and land like you did on the Enterprise. Then the choice is clear:-)
Quote: If you like to be high, fast, land long and use the maximum stopping abilities of the aircraft and land like you did on the Enterprise. Then the choice is clear:-)
If you were all of those things then you wouldn't have landed on the Big 'E' or anywhere else for that matter!
Quote: No offense to Delta folks, but I would want to be at the bottom of SWA due to the culture, job stability, business plan, pay scale, profit sharing, common sense approach, NEVER FURLOUGHED (yet), outstanding people, flexibility, & the luv. The only negative is being a terminal FO...but I could live with that.
You just caused me to throw up. Thanks a lot.
Quote:
Quote: I really dislike the 737, want to fly international, and would like at least some potential of upgrading in the next 20 years, so I went to DL.
I am at DAL, and for me the culture is a fit. A ton of former squadron bros are at SWA and they're all great guys. Both companies have been able to choose who they hire and in my small field of view, both have done a very good job. I JS on SWA a fair amount and about 50% of the time the pilots wish they had a shot at long haul international...That doesn't mean they are unhappy, it's just not in their future. If I could choose again, I'd choose Heather Locklear, but someone is tired of her too.
All of this ^ especially the Heather Locklear part, add in a dash of Deadhead's analysis and voila!

I've passed on a SWA interview once already, holding out for the big D. I've been doing lots of lunges, does this mean I have a tight ass???
Quote: Freedom of choice is a great thing. We all look for and want different things. Everyones "measuring stick for success" is different. All your points are really solid making the decision that much more difficult, but respectfully, given a choice, I would still select SWA. Luckily, I'm extremely fortunate and landed my "dream job" (for the second time) so I am not faced with this decision...unless it all falls apart...again.
Congrats on landing your dream job.
Quote:
Quote: If you like to be high, fast, land long and use the maximum stopping abilities of the aircraft and land like you did on the Enterprise. Then the choice is clear:-)
If you were all of those things then you wouldn't have landed on the Big 'E' or anywhere else for that matter!
I think you missed my point.
Quote: Two very different cultures, one group taxi fast and kills kittens, the other group has more tight asses than a Hawaiin Tropic competition.
now thats funny i dont care who you are
Quote: All of this ^ especially the Heather Locklear part, add in a dash of Deadhead's analysis and voila!

I've passed on a SWA interview once already, holding out for the big D. I've been doing lots of lunges, does this mean I have a tight ass???
You passed on a SWA interview? Why did you apply in the first place?m
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 
Page 5 of 14
Go to