Delta Hiring News

Subscribe
2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  16  56  106  506  1006 
Page 6 of 1123
Go to
Delta Hiring News
Don't forget about the Apx 200 furlough guys coming back. That will take up the1st few months.

I'm guessing 2015 if you know no one.

Baja.
Quote: And you thought I was suggesting the opposite?
No, I thought that you thought that I was suggesting the opposite.
Quote: Don't forget about the Apx 200 furlough guys coming back. That will take up the1st few months.

I'm guessing 2015 if you know no one.

Baja.
I doubt more than half will return. And the company has locked into timing the hiring to the last possible moment. At that time, they will need a lot more than 200 extra pilots just to staff the training bubble that larger, sustained hiring creates.

Unless the dollar/debt bubbles pop soon, we will see plenty of "off the streeters" in 2014. Also keep in mind that ma DL really likes to pick its newbies. They have numerous ways to creatively manage the mandatory flows while still providing ample opportunity for hand picked off the streeters.
Quote:
No, I thought that you thought that I was suggesting the opposite.
Well I guess the double negative means we were on the same page after all.
What is the process for internal recommendations?
Quote: What is the process for internal recommendations?
There is a spot somewhere on the airlineapps form to put recommendations. It asks for the recommending pilot's e-mail address. Of course you can put whatever you like, but I've been told that it's highly advisable to use our official "Delta" email address. ([email protected]) Said that pushes it higher in the stack. I don't know if it's true or not, but can't hurt. Most of us never check that so tell the candidate to let you know when they've submitted their app so you'll know to go check that email address. There will be an email from the candidate with a link you click on that takes you to a place to fill out a recommendation.

15 years or so ago, you just went in and talked to Plato about your guy or gal. Don't know if there is still an avenue like that or not.
You have to click on the delta addendum link and scroll down an inch or two to recommendation section (not to be confused with references at bottom which are transferred over from airline app section). Click there and you can add email as mentioned above. It should update later after someone has responded to your request and completed recommendation.
Quote: I doubt more than half will return. And the company has locked into timing the hiring to the last possible moment. At that time, they will need a lot more than 200 extra pilots just to staff the training bubble that larger, sustained hiring creates.

Unless the dollar/debt bubbles pop soon, we will see plenty of "off the streeters" in 2014. Also keep in mind that ma DL really likes to pick its newbies. They have numerous ways to creatively manage the mandatory flows while still providing ample opportunity for hand picked off the streeters.
This is precisely why UAL and AA/US look so attractive—the amount of retirments will greatly off set the coming dollar/debt bubble.
Guess I should follow back up with my internal recs, see if they ever wrote one up for me.

Is it supposed to show up on airlineapps when they do it, or do we just trust in our internal rec to get it done.

I sent my rec request to their @delta email.
Quote: Guess I should follow back up with my internal recs, see if they ever wrote one up for me.

Is it supposed to show up on airlineapps when they do it, or do we just trust in our internal rec to get it done.

I sent my rec request to their @delta email.
If I'm not mistaken it shows up when they've completed it. I believe you can read what they wrote, but don't quote me on that. Like I said, very few of us ever go check that email account. Some don't even know it exists. So definitely give your guy a heads up when you submit and follow up. Good luck.
2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  16  56  106  506  1006 
Page 6 of 1123
Go to