Spirit Airlines current hiring

Subscribe
98  148  188  194  195  196  197  198  199  200  201  202  208  248  298 
Page 198 of 410
Go to
Quote: Thanks! Do you see Dfw shrinking, growing or staying about where it is?
COO recently stated DFW not going to grow in near future but will remain steady. Simulator for training DFW recurrent up later in the year. My opinion is DFW stays stagnant until fuel goes back up. AA can't compete with higher fuel. Currently 105 or so FOs in DFW. About 112 CA.
Quote: I disagree to some extent.

You actually cannot afford a 3/2/2 in a good school district (or a bad one and fund private school), fund a solid retirement for you and your spouse, fund two years of preschool for each kid, fund two college educations, one wedding, insure against your own untimely death, and have one modest car payment.

This is absolutely not possible on what spirit is paying unless maybe you commute from a cheap part of the country or live in Dallas in some of the more affordable areas that still have good schools (I assume that exists).

It also has nothing to do with what average Americans are making. We are professionals and further the average American is totally fukced financially.
Serious question; knowing what the pay rates are and the "inability" to achieve the above basic necessities that you, as a professional would require, why did you apply and accept a position at Spirit?

I'm sure you came here with eyes wide open, knowing the pay, what it could afford you, and a future contract with speculative pay rates somewhere off in the distant unknown future.

In your earlier years, would you have gone into a fancy steakhouse and order the steak and lobster, knowing you had no money to pay for it and the plan would be to run out the door? Because in this example, the above mentioned "basic needs" are the steak and lobster and clearly Spirit doesn't pay you enough to eat it, so why did you walk into the restaurant?
Probably because it was a better restaurant than where he used to eat before Spirit.
Quote: Probably because it was a better restaurant than where he used to eat before Spirit.
At least we, at NK, don't have to share a flight deck with a dirty scab. You DO!
Quote: At least we, at NK, don't have to share a flight deck with a dirty scab. You DO!
Cause one teaching our new hires is much better.
Quote: Cause one teaching our new hires is much better.
He is no longer at Spirit.
Quote: He is no longer at Spirit.
That's almost as good of news as negotiations went will this week!

Gracias
Quote: Cause one teaching our new hires is much better.
Old Zane couldn't make it through training. Nice try though.
Quote: Serious question; knowing what the pay rates are and the "inability" to achieve the above basic necessities that you, as a professional would require, why did you apply and accept a position at Spirit?

I'm sure you came here with eyes wide open, knowing the pay, what it could afford you, and a future contract with speculative pay rates somewhere off in the distant unknown future.

In your earlier years, would you have gone into a fancy steakhouse and order the steak and lobster, knowing you had no money to pay for it and the plan would be to run out the door? Because in this example, the above mentioned "basic needs" are the steak and lobster and clearly Spirit doesn't pay you enough to eat it, so why did you walk into the restaurant?
I knew. It was a step up and I'm working to improve it and also trying to move out and up again. I would love for this to be the last stop if the compensation was commensurate with the job being done.

That doesn't make any of what stated in my last post untrue.
Quote: I knew. It was a step up and I'm working to improve it and also trying to move out and up again. I would love for this to be the last stop if the compensation was commensurate with the job being done.

That doesn't make any of what stated in my last post untrue.
You ain't going nowhere and you know it.
98  148  188  194  195  196  197  198  199  200  201  202  208  248  298 
Page 198 of 410
Go to