Spirit Airlines current hiring

Subscribe
157  207  247  253  254  255  256  257  258  259  260  261  267  307  357 
Page 257 of 410
Go to
Quote: The word I heard last week is that the company and union finally got on the same page regarding initial hire work week rules, and the program will get stretched out a bit. No more 60 hr week cram sessions followed by only one day off, which will give initial hires a bit of time to digest the material. I think this will reduce the unnecessarily high stress level of the course and enhance knowledge retention, but of course there will always be individual instances one way or the other where a particular new hire wants or needs the training to go faster or slower.

I don't think they are adding any events, just cutting out the 60 hr weeks and acknowledging that a 5.5 hr sim followed by 4 hours self-study really is 9.5 training hrs per contract. At the very least, it ought to let new hires actually dig into the books instead of cram studying only what their buddies say is absolutely necessary to get through the next training event. I suspect that will pay off in terms of readiness for the type sim, although that's just my opinion based on my own experience here and what helps me learn/practice/retain/demonstrate this stuff.
Curious where you heard that. November train track still shows training as the same footprint, give or take a little. Maybe too late to adjust November.
Quote: Curious where you heard that. November train track still shows training as the same footprint, give or take a little. Maybe too late to adjust November.
It's true, We got weekends off due to the change.
Quote: It's true, We got weekends off due to the change.
Great to hear. Will give more time to absorb all of the info.
I was told by a check airmen that OE for new hires is going to a minimum of 40 hrs. That means more flying hours for no pay for a new hire.
Quote: I was told by a check airmen that OE for new hires is going to a minimum of 40 hrs. That means more flying hours for no pay for a new hire.
Really? We just went to 30 for new hires and 35 for captains. But there was a meeting a few days ago, maybe it's changed again.
Quote: I was told by a check airmen that OE for new hires is going to a minimum of 40 hrs. That means more flying hours for no pay for a new hire.
What a fukcing scam
So the only change is that you now get two days off per week for training?
Quote: So the only change is that you now get two days off per week for training?
Don't forget about the free high fives also.
Quote: Stick with Home Depot since you can't navigate to airline profiles.
You get that was a rhetorical question right?
Quote: Don't forget about the free high fives also.
Do new hires get access to the pilot quid from last summer or is that reserved only for pilots on property at the time?
157  207  247  253  254  255  256  257  258  259  260  261  267  307  357 
Page 257 of 410
Go to