FedEx Hub Turn Meeting

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 4 of 4
Go to
Arrrgggghhhhh,
(Sorry Nightflyer)
Question is not simply AMTs J/S, it is whether they are allowed to be in the cockpit in other than an on-duty status. (EG-an acft issue is only showing up airborne and they are riding along to try and figure it out up in the cockpit)

AMTs riding to\from work, NASCAR races, simply a flight to see Sister Suzie totally okay riding in the Courier section, on the other side of the cockpit door, totally cool with everyone.

The issue is whether the same should be copacetic for the 777\767 or forward of the door. Company's FOM, which is an FAA approved document grants that status. Union is questioning whether that was approved at an appropriate level of the FAA.

As always, PIC authority to deny cockpit access to anyone still exists, and will be supported by ME, whether I agree with the specific decision or not

"I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write." Volataire
this is the ADD thread..... WHAT HAPPENED AT THE HUB TURN MEETING???!!!!
Quote: this is the ADD thread..... WHAT HAPPENED AT THE HUB TURN MEETING???!!!!
No one could get to it. Apparently the jumpseats were all full of mechanics.
Quote: No one could get to it. Apparently the jumpseats were all full of mechanics.
You ah wicked smaht!
Quote: You ah wicked smaht!
I'm naut a chowdahead, that's fah shuwa.
1  2  3  4 
Page 4 of 4
Go to