UPS Accident - BHM

Subscribe
6  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  26 
Page 16 of 61
Go to
Quote: What was the weather at the time of the accident? I believe I had read somewhere that it wasn't great weather. Can't remember though. If they were in IMC then a black hole approach shouldn't be a factor.

It will be interesting to see what info comes available in the following days.
I guess they were using 18 because the ILS/ALS/PAPI were all OTS.
I am so sorry for the families of these two pilots! I know that UPS pilots are extremely qualified! However I wonder if the cargo carve out has anything to do with this! The Birmingham mayor is treating this as a miracle because only the pilots died. So sad!
Very sad. Thoughts and prayers to the families.
Is it time for ALL of us "Freight Dog" crewmembers to lobby hard again for
ONE LEVEL OF SAFETY
I think this is a rather heart warming story given the circumstances:

"BIRMINGHAM, AL (WBRC) -A local non-profit which lost $150,000 of merchandise in Wednesday's UPS plane crash is turning tragedy around. Freeset USA will design and sell a t-shirt to benefit the families of the two pilots who perished in the early morning crash"

Local non-profit affected by UPS plane crash to sell shirts for
Quote: Just heard on the local news that it decsended 7000 feet in one minute. Don't know if that's true just what they said.

Just reminds you that it could be anyone of us any day. RIP and tailwinds to the crew. Condolences to the families and UPS pilot group.
If it was 7000 feet a minute, the flight deck would not be intact IMO. Don't listen to those morons. They will say anything wether its fact or fiction just to keep you watching their channel. It's more important to say CNN reported it first. Rip to the crew
Quote: Just heard on the local news that it decsended 7000 feet in one minute. Don't know if that's true just what they said.
Come on ... I suggest we wait until the NTSB accesses the FDR ... that will tell us exactly what the rate of descent was, instead of CNN's expert (private pilot?) version
Quote: I agree. I'm sure he's part of that miserable 10% that's just a "joy" to fly with.

Prayers for the crew and families.
Losing someone or something you love or care deeply about is very painful. You may experience all kinds of difficult emotions and it may feel like the pain and sadness you're experiencing will never let up. These are normal reactions to a significant loss. Some show "anger".
Quote: Losing someone or something you love or care deeply about is very painful. You may experience all kinds of difficult emotions and it may feel like the pain and sadness you're experiencing will never let up. These are normal reactions to a significant loss. Some show "anger".
This is very true. One's emotions run the gamut from denial to sadness to anger and finally acceptance. I only hope and pray none of you have to go through this as it's one of the most painful processes in your life. After the Colgan crash where I lost several coworkers (and friends) my emotions were so raw, it made me physically ill for several days, even though I am normally a very physically and mentally strong person. Please don't be afraid or too macho to ignore your emotions and accept the help your employer offers to deal with a tragic event such as this. It really does help in the healing process.
Wow.... Thanks mayday mark. Just trying to say something to bring some peace to all of those affected....
This is my final post.
Im done with this web sight.
What Happened to UPS Flight 1354 - Analysis by Sooeet.com

Last few minutes of flight data is graphed here, two pages.
6  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  26 
Page 16 of 61
Go to