Alaska Air Hiring

Subscribe
132  182  222  228  229  230  231  232  233  234  235  236  242  282  332  732 
Page 232 of 779
Go to
Quote: Dec 2016, trying to decide if it's worth leaving a mainline that didn't have a delay to start. I like the NW but not sure it's worth leaving where I got picked up right before the Alaska offer and delay in training.
I refuse to live in fear and I'm not one of those "the sky is falling" pessimists but I agree with singlecoil on some of his observations.
We have FOs who've been here for as long as 5 years leaving for greener pastures. What's that tell you? This was once a good career airline but management is doing an excellent job of turning it into another stepping stone. Think - Lorenzo married Lucifer and had a litter of Damiens who are now running AAG.
Anyone that interviewed on Feb 1st hear anything yet about a class date?
Quote: Anyone that interviewed on Feb 1st hear anything yet about a class date?
No not yet.
Quote: Dec 2016, trying to decide if it's worth leaving a mainline that didn't have a delay to start. I like the NW but not sure it's worth leaving where I got picked up right before the Alaska offer and delay in training.
If you're at DAL/AA/UAL/SWA/FedEx or UPS I highly recommend staying exactly where you are unless joining AS would improve your QoL and/or family time by 1000%. AS is a wonderful company despite what the haters say...but any of the 5 carriers mentioned above are places that you simply don't leave without a very, very, very good reason.
The "haters" are just stating their opinions and have been there longer than a few months. Don't worry...the shine will wear off just like it does at most jobs.
Quote: The "haters" are just stating their opinions and have been there longer than a few months. Don't worry...the shine will wear off just like it does at most jobs.
OCCP, sounds like you wouldn't be happy anyplace. Have you considered that you may be the source of that?
Alaska Air Hiring
Quote: OCCP, sounds like you wouldn't be happy anyplace. Have you considered that you may be the source of that?

That may be true but I used to think Alaska was a different airline that actually cared about its employees. I can tell you it does not. We all come to work for many reasons and money is probably the biggest. Brad and his crew do not care about anything more than the bottom line. They fight every single group here to the death to not pay them anywhere near the industry standard. They are all talk and no action. Just look at how they replaced the Alaska ramp with Menzies and now McGee. They pretend to care about culture but it's 100% lip service.

As someone who actually really liked this place I recommend not coming here. We will never be anywhere near the highest paid. Our management considers us a low cost airline to be paid low cost wages.
Quote: That may be true but I used to think Alaska was a different airline that actually cared about its employees. I can tell you it does not. We all come to work for many reasons and money is probably the biggest. Brad and his crew do not care about anything more than the bottom line. They fight every single group here to the death to not pay them anywhere near the industry standard. They are all talk and no action. Just look at how they replaced the Alaska ramp with Menzies and now McGee. They pretend to care about culture but it's 100% lip service.

As someone who actually really liked this place I recommend not coming here. We will never be anywhere near the highest paid. Our management considers us a low cost airline to be paid low cost wages.
THIS!!

Couldn't have said it better.
Quote: OCCP, sounds like you wouldn't be happy anyplace. Have you considered that you may be the source of that?

Nope. Never considered that! I'm just a guy trying to have a career. I call it like it is and I don't drink the koolaid.
"Alaska family" is a myth. Greater odds that Santa Clause climbed down the chimney and delivered your Christmas gift all these years. There are no "haters" here-just joe line pilots who call it like it is. If we were truly considered "family", you wouldn't expect to be invited to a 5 star banquet and served a Hot Pocket & tap water in a plastic cup while the owner and his special guests are served a 5 course gourmet meal with sterling flatware. And afterwards, they tell you how much they love, kick you in the nuts, threaten you, make promises that they have no intention of keeping, and send you on your merry way.
Unless you want to be based in PDX, the new Gig Harbor of the universe, I can't think of a single reason why anyone would want to work for AS, except that this may be your last stop. QOL, $$$, and retirement are what matter, which puzzle palace will never willingly offer. I suppose you can always hold out for Hell to freeze over.
132  182  222  228  229  230  231  232  233  234  235  236  242  282  332  732 
Page 232 of 779
Go to