Notices

Alaska Air Hiring

Old 01-23-2016, 05:43 PM
  #1311  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Aug 2009
Posts: 396
Default

Originally Posted by F15Cricket
Um, no, considering that I, and several other pilots here that I know, did not apply at ANY of those other airlines ... And I know at least one person who turned down interviews at one/more of the big companies you mentioned once he was hired here.
May be true a year or two ago but that is history. I'm talking about the present. Bet you're kicking yourself in the a$$, aren't you?!? Nobody willingly works for less, way less in this case, if given the choice. I don't care how much pot you can legally smoke on your days off.
2loud is offline  
Old 01-23-2016, 05:52 PM
  #1312  
Gets Weekends Off
 
F15Cricket's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2014
Position: Right Seat 737, Front seat T-6
Posts: 536
Default

Originally Posted by GucciBoy
You and one other dude? Case closed!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I see you are still upset you never got called ...

http://www.airlinepilotforums.com/ma...ml#post1549820

Hiring window will open soon if you want to reapply!

Btw, you must not be good at math, as "you and one other dude" does not equal "several" that I quoted.

And, 2loud, nope, I do NOT kick myself for not applying anywhere else. We can make it better, definitely, but this is a great place to be. If you really hate it here that much, do you have your apps in at other places? Seriously ...
F15Cricket is offline  
Old 01-23-2016, 06:06 PM
  #1313  
Line Holder
 
captnmo's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2007
Posts: 79
Default

Originally Posted by ws6formula
Has anyone heard about calls going out for classes past Feb 8th?
I was called earlier in the week to be placed on the alternate list for Feb. 8th. So background checks and pre-employment tests are in progress. Next class will "be announced soon."
captnmo is offline  
Old 01-23-2016, 06:11 PM
  #1314  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Aug 2009
Posts: 396
Default

Originally Posted by F15Cricket
I see you are still upset you never got called ...

http://www.airlinepilotforums.com/ma...ml#post1549820

Hiring window will open soon if you want to reapply!

Btw, you must not be good at math, as "you and one other dude" does not equal "several" that I quoted.

And, 2loud, nope, I do NOT kick myself for not applying anywhere else. We can make it better, definitely, but this is a great place to be. If you really hate it here that much, do you have your apps in at other places? Seriously ...
I have to say, I like your attitude. Seriously. Give it a few more years, reality may settle in and you might actually see the true colors of this place. Make this place better? Only if you can cure cancer-Puzzle Palace Greed Cancer (PPGC) and Judas Pilot Cancer (JPC). Thought you might like the acronyms being a former mil type. Guys like you have a different view; an active duty retirement comes in handy especially working for a ultra low cost legacy carrier. How's it make you feel that your buds are making more on their 2nd year pay elsewhere than what guys here make on year 6?I know I know, you can't chase the $$$ but at some point, you have wake up and smell the green! With UAL's 2 year contract extension, this gap is about to get even bigger. Do I have my apps in? That's for me to know and you to find out. Enjoy deicing for less!
2loud is offline  
Old 01-23-2016, 06:46 PM
  #1315  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Caution Terrain's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2012
Position: PLEASE ADVISE
Posts: 339
Default

Originally Posted by 2loud
Kind of like a super model who turned into a 300 pound-cokehead-twice pregnant-pole dancer at the skankiest strip joint near a truck stop in the middle of North Dakota, frequented only by the most desperate horndogs.

I don't mean to interject, but I can't help but notice you're insinuating that North Dakota strippers are, by default location, below average. On the contrary, exotic dancing is a very lucrative pastime for young women in those oil towns.
Caution Terrain is offline  
Old 01-23-2016, 07:18 PM
  #1316  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Aug 2011
Posts: 58
Default

F15Cricket: Been hearing "soon" since like July of last year. Do you happen to know any better details than that? Inquiring minds would love to know! Any info would be greatly appreciated, I'm sure by a number of people on here.
flyingberk is offline  
Old 01-23-2016, 07:34 PM
  #1317  
Banned
 
Joined APC: Nov 2013
Position: 7th green
Posts: 4,378
Default

Originally Posted by 2loud
May be true a year or two ago but that is history. I'm talking about the present. Bet you're kicking yourself in the a$$, aren't you?!? Nobody willingly works for less, way less in this case, if given the choice. I don't care how much pot you can legally smoke on your days off.
I hate to tell you this, but money isn't everything. Guys like Cricket put a higher priority in life on family and QOL. There are some things money can't buy...time at home raising your kids instead of being a "Face Time" Dad.

I believe Cricket when he says AS was his first and only choice.
Packrat is offline  
Old 01-23-2016, 07:42 PM
  #1318  
Gets Weekends Off
 
GucciBoy's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2009
Position: Fetal
Posts: 1,148
Default

Originally Posted by F15Cricket
I see you are still upset you never got called ...

I often shake my head at your posts, but I have to acknowledge your research here. Yes, I did apply to AS. No, they never called. I would be lying, though, if I said I would've stayed there had they hired me first and then Delta called. Pick any one of a number of favorite Delta stereotypes easily found on this site, but the fact is despite any perceived negatives one might face at Delta, we have more variety of domiciles, aircraft types and flying both int'l and domestic.

At the end of the day, I have to wonder why they didn't call. At the end of the day, you have to ask yourself if you really want to fly a 737 for the next 25+ years. I hope the answer is yes, and I hope it's an honest one.

I think we are both happy where we are, and that's what's important.


P. S. Delta's better.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GucciBoy is offline  
Old 01-23-2016, 08:06 PM
  #1319  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Aug 2009
Posts: 396
Default

Originally Posted by Packrat
I hate to tell you this, but money isn't everything. Guys like Cricket put a higher priority in life on family and QOL. There are some things money can't buy...time at home raising your kids instead of being a "Face Time" Dad.

I believe Cricket when he says AS was his first and only choice.
Only if you absolutely want/have to live in the PNW. That's about the only thing.....pilot domicile. What other QOL are you talking about? We fly a ton of all nighters, one of the lowest paid, 401k is mediocre, junior pairings are inefficient, trip trading is non existent, weakest pilot group in the industry, PBS on the way, but what could go wrong?
2loud is offline  
Old 01-23-2016, 08:31 PM
  #1320  
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: Apr 2012
Posts: 22
Default

Originally Posted by captnmo
I was called earlier in the week to be placed on the alternate list for Feb. 8th. So background checks and pre-employment tests are in progress. Next class will "be announced soon."
Thanks for the update
ws6formula is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
vagabond
Hangar Talk
1
05-03-2011 05:44 PM
joel payne
Foreign
4
04-23-2009 01:38 PM
vagabond
Major
31
04-15-2009 08:51 AM
vagabond
Aviation Law
10
09-20-2008 12:50 PM
vagabond
Major
19
06-15-2007 06:29 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Your Privacy Choices