Jet blue application window

Subscribe
39  45  46  47  48  49  50  51 
Page 49 of 51
Go to
Quote: How soon do flying benefits kick in?
Cabin cleaning (yes you are required to complete training that says you are expected to clean or risk losing your travel benefits) starts immediately I believe.
Quote: Cabin cleaning (yes you are required to complete training that says you are expected to clean or risk losing your travel benefits) starts immediately I believe.

awesome, thanks
FAA said cleaning is duty in the De Lancie interpretation. Cleaning isn’t required for pilots and no one has ever pressured me to. I will never do it. Not even on a non rev flight or commute.
Quote: FAA said cleaning is duty in the De Lancie interpretation. Cleaning isn’t required for pilots and no one has ever pressured me to. I will never do it. Not even on a non rev flight or commute.
And what does the mandatory training (for pilots) say about pilots being *excluded* from the cleaning requirement?
Quote: And what does the mandatory training (for pilots) say about pilots being *excluded* from the cleaning requirement?
I don’t really care. That’s not our fight anymore.
Quote: I don’t really care. That’s not our fight anymore.
It is still our fight, because the company training says it's still mandatory and many pilots don't know that it's not actually required. I still see way too many pilot janitors because the company won't add the exclusion to the training. Too many of OUR pilots still feel intimidated into cleaning.
Quote: And what does the mandatory training (for pilots) say about pilots being *excluded* from the cleaning requirement?
It says what it always said. On duty no pilot is required to clean.

If you are non reving, time permitting you "should" (not must or will) assist in light cleaning of the aircraft.

It's the same as the Uniform policy... One book requires it, another says you don't have to. I'm not going to wear a wool coat in 90deg and 100%humidity with a full concourse either. It's stupid and uncomfortable. Cross your belt and go... all that's required. Life isn't black and white, you gotta know all the avenues.
Quote: It says what it always said. On duty no pilot is required to clean.

If you are non reving, time permitting you "should" (not must or will) assist in light cleaning of the aircraft.

It's the same as the Uniform policy... One book requires it, another says you don't have to. I'm not going to wear a wool coat in 90deg and 100%humidity with a full concourse either. It's stupid and uncomfortable. Cross your belt and go... all that's required. Life isn't black and white, you gotta know all the avenues.
It's too grey, and I see too many pilots who don't understand the "avenues" and believe they could lose their travel benefits (because that IS what the mandatory training says), so I watch them be pilot janitors.
So timely for this discussion, I just received an email sent to all crewmembers including all *pilots* that says cleaning is a "requirement for keeping your pass riding privileges".
Quote: So timely for this discussion, I just received an email sent to all crewmembers including all *pilots* that says cleaning is a "requirement for keeping your pass riding privileges".
Looks like need to call in and say that I need to be out on duty an hour and a half early
39  45  46  47  48  49  50  51 
Page 49 of 51
Go to