ALPA National Restoration Strategy

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 
Page 4 of 14
Go to
Quote: Success is built on leadership and goals.

I have asked Captain Moak repeatedly to list and share his top 10 goals. We should be able to stop any fellow ALPA pilots and ask them what are our top 10 ALPA National goes and have them list them. That is leadership.

Captain Moak does talk of issues that are important to us. The problem is they are at the top of management's list. He is simply working for Richard Anderson. His attempt to force the Eagle pilots into concessions when there are no pilots is a perfect expample. Another is his lack of any effort to restore our contracts.

There is no difference between ALPA and management.
This is exactly correct.

Carl
What is Lee I GOT MINE Moak going to do when he loses's 11,000 Delta pilots and 4200 Express Jet pilots?

How will he spin that?

701EV
Quote: What is Lee I GOT MINE Moak going to do when he loses's 11,000 Delta pilots and 4200 Express Jet pilots?

How will he spin that?

701EV
Is ExpressJet looking seriously into different representation?
Quote: Is ExpressJet looking seriously into different representation?
Have you seen their TA?
Quote: Have you seen their TA?
I have not, but I will assume it is bad, so how is that Moak's fault? Barack Owebama had as much influence as Moak...
Disregard.
Quote: Disregard.
I saw your post before you deleted it. Ever heard the saying, "a jack of all trades is a master of none?"
Quote: I'm on the outside looking in. The above comment is spot on based on previous experience at two ALPA carriers. It's my opinion that Delta going in house weakens the entire profession which will eventually have an impact on the pilots at a Delta Airlines.

Yes I witnessed the dysfunction of ALPA several times. That said it is critical that every pilot remain engaged and not become jaded to the process. Your local MEC has to have the stones to disagree with ALPA national and say no.
So you're saying in house unions bring down the industry and ALPA is the only way? Just curious.
I think the point is to ignore Moak and each ALPA MEC do it's own thing.
Quote: I do that about 4 times a year at $20,000 total.

150 rides per year at $10 per ride equals $1,500 total.

150 days per year at $10 per day equals $1,500 total.

150 nights per year at $100 per night equals $15,000 total.

That's about $38,000 extra added to our reported income. So again, lets compare incomes of these guys that make $860,000 plus and $1,006,000 plus. Even if they traveled like airline pilots, it would take their comparative income down to $968,000 and 768,000 respectively.

Try again shiznit. Those items are already accounted for on our W2's.

Carl
Perhaps you should run for a National office since you appear to have salary envy???

I'm sure you have what it takes to lead our profession in a superior manor than any of your predecessors.

That goes for any of the other nay-sayers too. Step up or shut up. National offices are open to any member……if you can do better…..PROVE IT……PLEASE. We need quality members running this Association!
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 
Page 4 of 14
Go to