Latest UsAir out of touch SLI ideas

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 8
Go to
Heard from a friend of mine that had a junior UsAir pilot on the jumpseat that they are hoping to re-work the AA seniority list and move the Eagle pilots down on the list since they weren't real major pilots for all of their AA seniority. This 5 year UsAir guy evidently has little respect for former Eagle pilots on the AA list and thinks he should be senior to all of them that have less then 5 years of real airline pilot flying. I must admit I had a good laugh at the whole seniority grab scheme and I can see what the AWA guys have been dealing with. If these guys are already coming up with seniority grab schemes then we might as well not worry about negotiating a mutual lists since they are delusional.
I heard from the maid at the Holiday Inn Express last week that AA pilots really are Nazis and they are going to undermine MB and staple us all.

Don't let these stories get to you. Even if the jumpseat rider said something like that, it's somebodies wild hair. The process is pretty well laid out and most likely going to the arbitration panel. The APA is in a good spot with the east/west battle still raging and USAPA infighting.
I have no dog in this fight, but have heard a lot about it from friends.

But why should a pilot who has never spent a day on property, never worn the uniform, never had a company badge.... be placed above a fully qualified and active pilot of the other airline?

That makes no sense.
Quote: Heard from a friend of mine that had a junior UsAir pilot on the jumpseat that they are hoping to re-work the AA seniority list and move the Eagle pilots down on the list since they weren't real major pilots for all of their AA seniority. This 5 year UsAir guy evidently has little respect for former Eagle pilots on the AA list and thinks he should be senior to all of them that have less then 5 years of real airline pilot flying. I must admit I had a good laugh at the whole seniority grab scheme and I can see what the AWA guys have been dealing with. If these guys are already coming up with seniority grab schemes then we might as well not worry about negotiating a mutual lists since they are delusional.
He's right, eagle pilots haven't even touched an AA or US airplane yet.
The process was pretty well laid out last time. Both sides agreed to BINDING ARBITRATION. Then when it didn't go the Easties way, they decertified ALPA and started the USAPA madness.

A leopard can't change his spots. Hopefully, APA can put them back in their rightful place.
Quote: The process was pretty well laid out last time. Both sides agreed to BINDING ARBITRATION. Then when it didn't go the Easties way, they decertified ALPA and started the USAPA madness.

A leopard can't change his spots. Hopefully, APA can put them back in their rightful place.
Ah, once again we have someone that doesn't know what he's talking about.

It was laid out before, in a document called the Transition Agreement. In that agreement we couldn't use the joint SLI until we had a joint contract. We never got there, aren't there today. We will be next week, but at the same time we all agreed to modify it.

If you'd like more education PM me or take it to the AOL thread and I'll be glad to share.
Quote: He's right, eagle pilots haven't even touched an AA or US airplane yet.
The AA seniority list is for them to decide. If a guy was given a number, he was given a number. What value it has, just like anyone on furlough will have to be decided.
Looks like the honeymoon is over.

Quote: The AA seniority list is for them to decide. If a guy was given a number, he was given a number. What value it has, just like anyone on furlough will have to be decided.
The CAL pilots asked for the same thing with their united arbitration. It didn't go the way they wanted, I still think longevity is the best way to settle most of this.
Quote: I still think longevity is the best way to settle most of this.
In the other SLI thread you said that relative position was the way to go.
This east behavior isn't new, y'all do remember why the united pilots despise the east right? Nothing has changed.
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 8
Go to