Separation timing from Active Duty

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 5 of 6
Go to
Thanks for the advice LloydC. I've been all over linkedin over the last two days and getting some good hits so far. Funny how that works.
Quote: Jet, I do know its 7 months to separate/retire if you 7 day opt (or 3 day opt a 365). Is the staff tour a PCS? Obviously that would be another 2 years. These are weird times with all the voluntary seps, early retirement options, and RIFs. Recommend giving AFPC a call - as painful as that will surely be.
I have had friends that have pulled a separation date and then resubmitted in the past. That was about 5 years ago. I depends on your commander though.
Quote: Thanks for the advice LloydC. I've been all over linkedin over the last two days and getting some good hits so far. Funny how that works.
The other thing I meant to add was to recommend attending an Emerald Coast seminar. I recently did one and picked up a lot of gouge. Can't recommend it highly enough. The guy who started it and runs many of the seminars, Albie, is a class act, currently with FedEx and former USAF (I won't hold that against him ). And another great thing about Emerald Coast is that you pay once but can attend or otherwise use their services (e.g., phone/web consult) as often as you like. Attend one now when they're near you, then attend another one if you want as you get closer to retiring.
Dice, I started about a year out as well and hit the lottery thru networking and got to a chief pilot interview which got me an actual interview. Starting at UAL in Aprilish.

Your flight time for a major is fine if you can go that route....otherwise if you are hoping for the computer to select your app - try to increase your flight time, the other posts are what I have seen as well (4000tt 2000pic).

FWIW, my time
3900tt
2500fw
600 fw pic
1400helo
400 helo pic
Dir Ops
Chief pilot
Chief safety
IP

Good Luck
Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm set up with emerald coast in May, and I'm digging through Shepard Air's program right now. I think networking will be my main problem right now, though.
There are probably a lot of guys you know from the training command, the fleet/whatever the USAF calls it, etc flying. The trick is getting a hold of them.
Sho'nuff. I'm working LinkedIn, trying to find a couple of guys I know currently flying for the airlines. Weirdly I know a lot more in the Air Force than the Navy.
Another question: I'm getting ready to take the ATP written. Does the actual score matter, will the airlines see it? Or do I just need to pass, no matter the score?
Quote: Another question: I'm getting ready to take the ATP written. Does the actual score matter, will the airlines see it? Or do I just need to pass, no matter the score?
I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter, as long as you pass your checkride. Delta for one only requires a copy of your test results if you don't have your ATP certificate. I'm bringing a copy when I go for my interview just in case, but based on the email I got from Delta on what to bring, I shouldn't need it.
Thanks for that. Sorry for the stupid questions, but I've got another. I should have my license in April, should I be putting apps in now, or after I get the license?
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 5 of 6
Go to