Southwest Lands at Wrong Airport

Subscribe
3  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  23 
Page 13 of 44
Go to
Quote: Does anyone here really think ASAP will save these guys? IMHO, there is no way they keep their jobs. I won't be surprised if the FAA takes away their certificates for gross negligence.
That's absolutely not going to happen.
Why I'm spending my Monday afternoon watching a video of the same view I have everyday is beyond me!!! Pretty freaking bored today!!!
I didn't have time to read this thread but wanted to pop in to say "There by the grace of God go I". After all, these things happen. And let me add that it could happen to anyone.
Quote: Anybody know if SWA birds are equipped with EGPWS?
Quote: Isn't EGPWS required?
Of course, it's required in 121.

But it's inhibited within the arrival area of airports in the database...any airport with a runway barely long enough to land on should be in the Db so as to be available in an emergency.

GPWS should remind you not to land on a highway, but it won't keep you from landing at an airport.
I've landed at the wrong airport several times. Every time I tell passengers we're going to Cincinnati, Ohio I don't even land in the correct state.
Watch it try to take T/O
They're going to try to launch it, watch live from CNN...

CNN Live Event -- Streaming Now
Quote: That's absolutely not going to happen.
It's up to the ERC, as this event is reject-able due to the disregard of secondary navigation information. Also, in the new 117 world, they can no longer use fatigue as a contributing factor. If the runways had been the same heading, it could be allowable under the ASAP program.
Free box of kittens at Taney County.........
Quote: The possible gotcha I see here is that if the CVR shows gross violation of SOP, lack of checklists, violation of sterile, etc
Can CVR/FOQA data be used for disciplinary action at SWA? Some Union contracts preclude that.
Quote: Does anyone here really think ASAP will save these guys? IMHO, there is no way they keep their jobs. I won't be surprised if the FAA takes away their certificates for gross negligence.
I'd have to verify, but I thought the Atlas crew didn't get fired.

Was the NW Airbus canned for landing at the wrong airport? I don't know.

Was the UAL 76 crew canned for shutting off engines while climbing out of Hawaii? I don't know on that one either, but it'd be interesting to find out.

And to bang the drum AGAIN, you can land on a taxi way when the runway is RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU, and still keep your job.

Point I'm getting at, is let's just wait for the "dust to settle". We don't know what we don't know, yet.
3  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  23 
Page 13 of 44
Go to